High Tide Aquatics

Neptune Aqua Controller will not light up

My old Aqua controller will not turn on after I did a restart, and noticed it remained at a blank but lighted screen. I then unplugged it from the brain and plug back in. But now it will not turn on at all. Is there a start button or a way to reset it? Refer to attached photo.

Can I still control all devices from laptop accessing Fusion?

Background: When logging from my phone into Fusion in last few days, I got error saying Apex not connected to Fusion (refer to 2nd photo). That prompted me to restart this aqua controller.

Attachments

• E4E506AE-5A71-4BF8-86C9-CC06BE286FD0.jpeg
    E4E506AE-5A71-4BF8-86C9-CC06BE286FD0.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 22648FB2-70B2-45EA-95CC-DB45B1B9EDCA.png
    22648FB2-70B2-45EA-95CC-DB45B1B9EDCA.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 88
FYI I am using the old version of the brain and energy bar. The energy bar has a blinking yellow light now but the brain has a solid green light.

Attachments

• 33EC0058-6884-49B0-8AF1-AC127E882A98.jpeg
    33EC0058-6884-49B0-8AF1-AC127E882A98.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 79
Could be the infamous MAX3059 chip blow out issue.
Does the display ever turn on?

With the display disconnected, reboot the Apex. Now are you able to access it via Fusion?

Display worked well in last 5 years until today when I restarted it. It has remain dark (no back light) despite unplug and plug at base unit. Also power cycled base unit which did not help the display to come on.

Apex remains to be disconnected from Fusion, after I powered off base unit, unplugged display and then powered on the base unit. Not sure how this could be related to the display issue?

Display worked well in last 5 years until today when I restarted it. It has remain dark (no back light) despite unplug and plug at base unit. Also power cycled base unit which did not help the display to come on.

Apex remains to be disconnected from Fusion, after I powered off base unit, unplugged display and then powered on the base unit. Not sure how this could be related to the display issue?
If there is a short circuit in the display, it will cause the entire Apex system to short out.

If the Apex doesn't connect to Fusion with the display disconnected, there could be something else wrong.

LED light on Apex base unit is solid green. The light on EB8 is flashing amber.

While the base unit is not connected to Fusion:
1. Does base unit still controls all devices as before, just that I can’t read them?
2. Is there a way to connect base unit to internet and Fusion, without the display?

I opened a ticket with Neptune.

Update:
Neptune Support did a remote session and concluded the aquabus on the base unit is faulty. This caused the display and eb8 to be disconnected, as well as Apex disconnected with Fusion.

Buying the new version base unit now.

Back