High Tide Aquatics

New 100 gallon build

alvarengadaniel8

Supporting Member
I’ve been saving some money on a monthly basis. My build is almost done. I just need to purchase a tank. I have not decided what brand I’m going with. So far I have a nyos 160 protein skimmer, Eshopps AF-200 alpha Fuge, and a vectra m2 pump.

Attachments

• 5C151E15-EBD3-4521-9F9B-01C710A1999D.jpeg
    5C151E15-EBD3-4521-9F9B-01C710A1999D.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 263
Finally got some led lights. Hydra 26 with custom l.e.d by Luxdium with an aquatic life hybrid fixture. Saving up for an ato and apex before I start dropping corals in.

Attachments

• B9283E94-8DBE-41E8-BAA3-17483F446DA6.jpeg
    B9283E94-8DBE-41E8-BAA3-17483F446DA6.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 96
Current equipment nyos 160 protein skimmer, Eshopps AF-200 alpha Fuge, and a vectra m2 pump, ai hydra x3 gold lux puck, ai nero 5 (in sump ), jebeo cross flow 180 x 2, I.M helio 200w dual heater. Current life stock (fish friends)- Gem tang, blonde naso, yellow belly blue tang, reg blue tang, rabbit fish, sailfin tang, black storm clown, piccaso storm clown. Pair of maroon clowns in my sump.

Current equipment nyos 160 protein skimmer, Eshopps AF-200 alpha Fuge, and a vectra m2 pump, ai hydra x3 gold lux puck, ai nero 5 (in sump ), jebeo cross flow 180 x 2, I.M helio 200w dual heater. Current life stock (fish friends)- Gem tang, blonde naso, yellow belly blue tang, reg blue tang, rabbit fish, sailfin tang, black storm clown, piccaso storm clown. Pair of maroon clowns in my sump.
Sounds like you need a bigger tank already

Why the Nero 5 in the sump? I also see an A80 down there, are you planning to put corals there or microalgae?

Why the Nero 5 in the sump? I also see an A80 down there, are you planning to put corals there or microalgae?
The sump sucks and lacks flow in the refugium chamber, and i need the Nero 5 so water wont stagnate. I was shopping based on esthetics and not practicality. and I'm growing microalgae.

How’s the display? Super cool setup. Bottom is open but looks super industrial & does its part of capturing peoples attention to the tank.

chemipure blue 11oz change every month. filter floss every other day. im also using tropic marine syn-biotic 15 gallon water change a week. and heavy feeding.
You are doing a great job of keeping the environment clean.

One can live in the space of an efficiency apartment too
And
How long do you think these fish will live given a more reasonable space?

Back