Neptune Aquatics

New 260G Reef Install

Sweet build!
Very clean.
Interesting water change plain. Confusing at first.
But that skimmer so close to the electronics, in an enclosed space, does seem like a bit of a concern.

Sweet build!
Very clean.
Interesting water change plain. Confusing at first.
But that skimmer so close to the electronics, in an enclosed space, does seem like a bit of a concern.

That’s all the space I had to work it so had to work. The skimmer has two switches for electrical cut off also. One is inside the cup so if it’s full it will shut off the pump automatically. The the 2nd float switch is in the sump itself. If the water level in the sump rise above the desired water level, that will also cut off power to the skimmer, preventing it from overflowing.

Oh and two independent GFCI breakers. One for the main energy bar, one for EB4, which I use for heater only.

Current views….
BC3C7AE7-42B6-4A88-8F69-679D74921FC2.jpeg

Beautiful job @robert4025.
I love the dimensions, but seems kinda deep and the stand is tall, so the client/owner will probably need a step ladder to get to the bottom of the tank during maintenance (unless he's super tall).
The client probably chose the location of his tank, but I think it looks out of place in his room. The tank looks too big for that room. It would be really hard to watch TV with a tank and all the lights next to it. I think a peninsula tank dividing the hall way and the room might have worked nicer.

Beautiful job @robert4025.
I love the dimensions, but seems kinda deep and the stand is tall, so the client/owner will probably need a step ladder to get to the bottom of the tank during maintenance (unless he's super tall).
The client probably chose the location of his tank, but I think it looks out of place in his room. The tank looks too big for that room. It would be really hard to watch TV with a tank and all the lights next to it. I think a peninsula tank dividing the hall way and the room might have worked nicer.
That is exactly what he wanted. He is tall. And he doesn’t watch TV much. He had a tank before and so he knew what he wanted and he came to the shop several times to get a feel of the size. He wanted to be able to walk up to the tank and appreciate it like an art on the wall instead of stooping down to look at it.

You are right about the height. I myself don’t like it because I had to pull a ladder to service it every time. But he paid me enough to like it…LOL

And he lives alone with a small dog so he doesn’t need all the space in a 2500 sqft home…

That is exactly what he wanted. He is tall. And he doesn’t watch TV much. He had a tank before and so he knew what he wanted and he came to the shop several times to get a feel of the size. He wanted to be able to walk up to the tank and appreciate it like an art on the wall instead of stooping down to look at it.

You are right about the height. I myself don’t like it because I had to pull a ladder to service it every time. But he paid me enough to like it…LOL

And he lives alone with a small dog so he doesn’t need all the space in a 2500 sqft home…
The builds you have posted are all so different from each other. Shows that you are listening to your customers and trying to make their dreams turn into reality rather than always doing it your way. I think that’s cool.

The builds you have posted are all so different from each other. Shows that you are listening to your customers and trying to make their dreams turn into reality rather than always doing it your way. I think that’s cool.
Thank You, John. It’s really has been a blessing to work with those folks. They let me putting my passion into their dreams, what else can you possibly ask for.

Back