Kessil

New Neptune Apex models available

That write up only discusses differences in numbers of existing ports and included probes, none of which is a big deal if you’re willing to buy a module. Unless there are other changes/improvements in the hardware or software, it doesn’t really seem like an upgrade or new version, more like an update. If there’s more to it than that, I’d be interested to learn more- as long as I don’t have to watch a long video to get bullet-point info :)

Isn't your build 1yr+ away? Should wait for the holiday sale or other promo sale.
Well, I'm starting to piece things together, but yes, the tank wouldn't be moved into place until about a year (maybe a bit earlier, like Feb/March of 2023).

I saw someone selling a brand new Apex for a slightly better price, so was going to jump on that, but now you can get them for even better prices from BRS. I do want the newest ones though, because in my new setup I may need an extra FMM module, whereas this one has just enough ports built right in!

Well, I'm starting to piece things together, but yes, the tank wouldn't be moved into place until about a year (maybe a bit earlier, like Feb/March of 2023).

I saw someone selling a brand new Apex for a slightly better price, so was going to jump on that, but now you can get them for even better prices from BRS. I do want the newest ones though, because in my new setup I may need an extra FMM module, whereas this one has just enough ports built right in!
There’s a risk to accumulating new equipment over months or a year or more in preparation of a new tank since you can run out the warranty before stuff is even in use.

That write up only discusses differences in numbers of existing ports and included probes, none of which is a big deal if you’re willing to buy a module. Unless there are other changes/improvements in the hardware or software, it doesn’t really seem like an upgrade or new version, more like an update. If there’s more to it than that, I’d be interested to learn more- as long as I don’t have to watch a long video to get bullet-point info :)
This was my impression too, without watching the video. Seems like on the pro they put an FMM in the main box, and include a couple of their new sensors.
I think it's a nice "upgrade" and there seems to only be a slight price increase, so it definitely seems worth it if you're in the market for a new apex. But doesn't seem like anything new, or a reason to switch from an existing apex.

Wonder if they fixed the EB832 issue that it seems a lot of people have been having lately.

Last edited:
The new jr version seems interesting at $300. No energy bar so not controlling but could buy that later.

I’m thinking about grabbing a jr and a trident……….

Hmm

Apex jr is a ripoff. They could just sell you the regular apex with out the energy bar and you would have a better product for the same MSRP.

Wonder if they fixed the EB832 issue that it seems a lot of people have been having lately.
4B2ED25E-227D-4091-B9C2-558ACB44FD28.png

Yeesh the reviews for these things are terrible.

What’s the bar consensus on apex? My impression was that the ghl stuff isn’t better

Yeesh the reviews for these things are terrible.

What’s the bar consensus on apex? My impression was that the ghl stuff isn’t better
I've used both and have a detailed write up somewhere in my post history.

Short version: GHL is great hardware with terrible firmware, Apex is middling hardware with good firmware.

I converted to Apex late last year and I love it. The Trident can be a bit annoying (specifically the cleaning/maintenance), the Kessil IOTA integration isn't great, but - aside from that - I like Apex and I'm sticking with them.

Short version: GHL is great hardware with terrible firmware, Apex is middling hardware with good firmware.

I converted to Apex late last year and I love it. The Trident can be a bit annoying (specifically the cleaning/maintenance), the Kessil IOTA integration isn't great, but - aside from that - I like Apex and I'm sticking with them.
Ah-I was wondering about GHL.
Love to see that write up.

@bp123987 - I use apex and fortunately it has worked reasonably well. It also has alerted me to more than one potential issue that could have become a crisis if I wasn’t notified.

Yea the reviews are awful but I truly wonder what the rate of return is at BRS, or aquatic Collection? Or the percentage of actual hardware/firmware issues needing assistance via Neptune vs number of units out there running currently.

Reading the reviews I also don’t know
If the quality has just gone downhill along with QC issues in other markets-notably cars that have seen upticks in reliability issues and recalls in the last couple of years.

Thanks!
Link:

Post in thread 'GHL or Apex'
https://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/ghl-or-apex.31621/post-455696

Is the 100w 24vdc different from what is in the current one? I think that's the part that fails right?

The description is exactly the same as what's is on the 2016 apex systems. It doesn't seem like anything was changed with the eb832

Edit:I think it's the 12vdc power supply that people have issues with. Not sure this shows anything is different?

Last edited:
Back