got ethical husbandry?

New Red Sea Reefer S-1000 Display

This tank is well build versus all other reefer. 3/4" thick glass, extra silicon all around, big kudo for Euro brace top and bottom. I like the thin Overflow box but I still hate Redsea plumping. I seen another tank at Neptune with double glass wall which is very cool.

This tank is well build versus all other reefer. 3/4" thick glass, extra silicon all around, big kudo for Euro brace top and bottom. I like the thin Overflow box but I still hate Redsea plumping. I seen another tank at Neptune with double glass wall which is very cool.

What’s wrong with RS plumbing?

What’s wrong with RS plumbing?
I like the idea of eliminating the bulkheads, but in reality I find it a bit touchy, and have seen to many leaks with Red Sea plumbing. The unions are pretty flimsy and way to easy to over tighten/crack.
The diaphram valve gets clogged to easy and is a little annoying to open up. Gate valve is better ime.
If you need a replacement part it isn’t easy to find. Gotta get it from them, takes a couple days. That and being metric is a bit of a hassle sometimes if you want to, or even worse, someone else wants you to mod it.

I like the idea of eliminating the bulkheads, but in reality I find it a bit touchy, and have seen to many leaks with Red Sea plumbing. The unions are pretty flimsy and way to easy to over tighten/crack.
The diaphram valve gets clogged to easy and is a little annoying to open up. Gate valve is better ime.
If you need a replacement part it isn’t easy to find. Gotta get it from them, takes a couple days. That and being metric is a bit of a hassle sometimes if you want to, or even worse, someone else wants you to mod it.
Yeah, all this.

When I got my 250, the first thing I did was cut the plumbing below the stock bulkhead and do metric to standard conversions.

Have not fussed with the 'stock' aspects of the plumbing since, and have unions to do whatever I need to.

Thank you for the feedbacks on the Red Sea plumbing, guys. I guess I haven’t encountered enough of the aforementioned issues but I am assuming if you guys are bringing it up then it’s a concerned elsewhere as well. So, I’ll give these feedbacks to Red Sea and hopefully they’ll improve on them.

Back