Cali Kid Corals

New tank Deeper then Stand

So I ran home at lunch to see the tank and found out she got me a 120gal tank with internal overflows. But here is the problem the tank is 24" deep and my stand is only 21". What is the best way to add 3" onto the stand? I was thinking of attaching 2 2x4's to the back along the top and then run addional 2x4 supports down the legs on the back. Any thoughts. Or should I take it back and get the 90gal that will fit my stand?

taking it back would be a cleaner solution but if you are like me you keep it and add the extra bracing so you can set-up the tank now :lol:

You bracing plan sounds just fine to me.

Should be fine, the center of mass of the tank will still be over the main part of the stand and all its support so from a structural stand point it'll be golden. However the stability from rocking would potentially be an issue if it was hanging over too much, but I don't think 3 inches off and 21 inches on the stand is really going to make any sort of difference.

What Mike said and since you'll be adding some support from the floor to the base of the top, rocking shouldn't be an issue :)

Tumbleweed said:
So I ran home at lunch to see the tank and found out she got me a 120gal tank with internal overflows. But here is the problem the tank is 24" deep and my stand is only 21". What is the best way to add 3" onto the stand? I was thinking of attaching 2 2x4's to the back along the top and then run addional 2x4 supports down the legs on the back. Any thoughts. Or should I take it back and get the 90gal that will fit my stand?

Like everyone else says you should be fine, congrats on the 24" deep, you'll love the extra space.

How does the lemonade taste?

tuberider said:
Tumbleweed said:

Like everyone else says you should be fine, congrats on the 24" deep, you'll love the extra space.

I thought BAR used grape koolaid.

bookfish said:
tuberider said:
Tumbleweed said:

I thought BAR used grape koolaid.

I think he had to make his own :D what else you gonna do with a bunch of lemons? Scratch that question, there's limoncello :p

It is glass. I will Double and Triple check to make sure it is level before during and after water is in it.

Jeremy I made Lemonade, with a splash of Vodka "Since I don't need to dose it right now:)"

Back