High Tide Aquatics

New to BAR!

Hey everyone!
Just joined yesturday, you guys can call me RJ. I have a Elos 120 (90 gallons) that i just set up. I'm still drooling over it. With the Elos skimmer, and sump. Using lights from my old tank for now, until i get new lights. Have three fish in it, standard false perc, and blue damsel ( from old tank) and a sunburst anthias.

On a different note, hoping some of the forum moderators can fill me in. I would like to go to a frag swap and stuff, but I only have a favia, and a duncan coral. Can you buy frags at the frag swap? Also how much is it to go, or is it a yearly thing? Just kinda confused on that stuff, :~

Great to be here!

BAR's fragswaps are different the nearly every other reef club. It's a true swap format where you bring corals and they call get put on a table and groups of people pick in turn. BAR usually does two a year, a regional open to all clubs and a BAR Member only swap. The regional happened a couple months ago.

There is BAYMAC next weekend (Saturday May 8th) at Chabot College in hayward (free admission) of which BAR is hosting. There's a thread in the announcement forum or you can cruise to the website www.TheBAYMAC.com :) BAYMAC is a "reef conference" so there will be speakers, vendors, exhibitors, huge raffle, door prizes and clubs selling corals as well.

Welcome RJ :) Don't worry about your coral stock now. Next swap isn't till 2nd Sat of August :)
BAYMAC however is coming up very soon with tons of opportunities to buy tons of really nice stuff to stock your talk with!
That and you get to meet all sorts of BAR folk :)

If you haven't done so, you may want to upgrade from forum user to a BAR member Best $20 ever spent in this hobby! Lots of opportunities and information on the forum open up when you do this :)

Back