Cali Kid Corals

New to Dosing

About to start using my doser...does it matter where the dosing material goes into the sump? I was planning on sending it into the return/skimmer chamber.

Tagging along because I stopped auto-dosing due to seizing pump impellers 2-3x dripping into return section where I also have heater. What do you think about dripping into section where water drains in if that also holds skimmer pump? Only other option is fuge section which has low flow.

The other thing you can do is to put a small Nano pump under where you dose. I did this in my frag tank because I was limited to where I could drip. I grabbed a roughly 150 gph nano pump, stuck it on the side of the sumb and have had no issues at all.

The other thing you can do is to put a small Nano pump under where you dose. I did this in my frag tank because I was limited to where I could drip. I grabbed a roughly 150 gph nano pump, stuck it on the side of the sumb and have had no issues at all.
I will try that. I thought a little pump would seize up in a week, but I guess not. Thanks.

Im probably one of the few who wont use a doser. Only takes a few mins to manually do it and I test 2-3 times a week

Just wondering what you do when you’re on vacation for a week or more? I’m tempted to manually dose but worried about what I’ll happen when I leave the tank

I dose into the bubble trap going into the return chamber. Never had a pump seize from build up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What is a bubble trap? A little vertical maze between the two chambers? If so, I have that and keep a block of open cell (?) foam there - stiff black foam. I would need to remove the foam?

What is a bubble trap? A little vertical maze between the two chambers? If so, I have that and keep a block of open cell (?) foam there - stiff black foam. I would need to remove the foam?

Yes. That’s exactly it. I removed the foam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i am measuring each morning and logging it into Apex!

It was after I dosed. Although I didn't witness the doser doing its thing, but I assume it did. Will place a line on my dosing container to see.

Back