Kessil

New to me Reefer 250

Thanks. I’ll try and get out there this weekend. Unfortunately there is no way I can get to Hayward this week with my schedule. Hopefully it can hang on. I may add the food to a small container that only the mandarin, my 6 line and royal gamma can go in. That way I have a chance to actually catch it. If I do I’ll move it to my ZOA frag tank and feed like hell.

You have a 6 line and a mandarin? That might be your problem. The wrass will actively hunt down the pods where as the mandarin just kind of picks off what is in front of it.

I had good luck with the tisbe pods.

Yeah I picked up some pods from California reef after work and stocked up half of them in my five. I’m going to release the others in my display tomorrow am when the lights are off.

Picked up some apex pods today as well. Couldn’t find any live brine.

Here are some updated pics
1RbfpUE.jpg

Mu6J4LC.jpg

gbJTW98.jpg

aFqjBjp.jpg

nNSHcXk.jpg

I caught the mandarin eating pellet food from my AFS! I don’t know when that happened, but I just so happened to be near the tank when it was feeding itself today and saw him eat like 4-5 pellets.

Also picked up this awesome little pinwheel Scolymia from AC today. Just couldn’t pass it up. Has such nice colors!

yyzehWI.jpg

AEf77Uy.jpg

aaSCpFV.jpg

eXtTbJD.jpg

Found my skimmer only making about 5 inches of bubbles. Decided to take the whole thing apart and clean the skimmer and return pump. Skimmers working great now.

I have been cleaning every 4 month, but I guess I’ll have to make that every 3.

Also decided to keep the c02 scrubber, so I completely removed the silencer from the skimmer. The co2 reactor works as a great silencer alone.

My average ph is 8.3 now compared to about 7.9 without it.

Back