Neptune Aquatics

New to me Reefer 250

In progress of starting to upgrade the frag tank a bit as well. Just swapped out the JBJ light for 2 prime HD’s.

I wanted to be able to match the light in my display better so I can move corals back and forth from tank to tank without having too many lighting issues.

Also picking up an apex jr for the frag tank.

10480b216ed57ec158c9b2231608205e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tank is one year old!

I did find some nps corals for my dark spot but they don’t seems to be doing great. I am feeding them so we will see.

I am in the process of getting the clowns to host the BTA’s. I moved the Duncan close to the BTA’s hoping they would follow it and they did after a few days. I’ve even caught the female sleeping in the BTA’s
28230bd0f038a7c7e879f1bc0f94ac29.jpg

The plan is to remove the Duncan once they had laid eggs there for a month. When they lay a fresh batch next week I’ll move the Duncan and pray that they host the BTA’s and not my gold torch again.

I also swapped the sides of the protein skimmer and fuge. I am sick of having the clean chaeto out of the skimmer pump every 2 weeks. It seems to be much better now, and I eeked out some more room in the fuge.

I plan to throw 4 lbs of miracle mud in the fuge. Why? Well only because I’ve never tried it and I was to see if this stuff is snake oil for myself.

Here is the one year update video

And a video of my clowns laying eggs

Oh. I also picked up 6 bartletts anthias from AC yesterday. Definitely some aggression already between themselves and from the 6 line.

I knew this could be trouble, but I’m hoping for the best.

670ae69d68097fd44fba0fc4de4a4d1b.jpg

e9a310fb6fe95b2837908dd779d7a7c5.jpg

That’s a pretty cool time lapse. Did I see some automatic blinds lowering around sunrise in the reflection? Do you think the tank benefits from the lunar lighting? I always thought the “lunar lighting” from the ap700’s was too bright.

I had one asterina starfish in my tank and took it out and didn’t see anymore. It may not be the end of the world just yet.

Back