got ethical husbandry?

NJ's Cade 225G Reef

nihard

Supporting Member
Hi everyone,

I have been with BAR for about an year and it's great to be here!
I've been keeping saltwater tanks for the past 5 years, mostly fish only with some soft corals.

In January 2021 I go a new Cade 1800 S-2, 225G rimless tank, which has been running for about 15 months. I have decided a SPS dominant mixed reef tank and explore the world of coral keeping. At the moment I only have a about 25 SPS, a hammer, few Chalices and torch. I have the following fish collection: a Blue Jaw Trigger, 3 Lyretail Anthias, 1 Purple Tang, 1Yellow Tang, 1 Flame Angel, 1 White Tail Cole Tang, 1 Fox Face, 1 Naso Tang, 1 Leopard Wrasse, 1 Melenurus Wrasse and 2 Blue Chromise.

Several members in this forum have suggested that I start a journal and join DTBC. But I have been procrastinating and finally decided to write the journal. I just did some research on this program and I think it's awesome. I'd love to start picking up some frags, learning how to keep/care for them, building a reef tank and eventually paying it forward and doing the same for new reefers. I'm not very picky with any specific corals at this time, any recommendations, help or advice from any member will be much appreciated!

Please find here some pics of my tank, equipment’s and livestock

Some of the colors I like are yellow, red, orange, blue, and/or purple, but honestly, I'm not that picky in the colors for now.
Would love to expand my SPS collation and add Torches, hammer, acans and chalices but again, any advice or recommendations are always well received!
I live in Live in Fremont and Flexible to travel any distance for corals.

Attachments

• Cade 1.jpg
    Cade 1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 120
  • Cade 2.jpg
    Cade 2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 113
  • Cade 3.jpg
    Cade 3.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Cade 4.jpg
    Cade 4.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Cade 5.jpg
    Cade 5.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 120
Sweet setup! Did you make those rock structures yourself? That has loads of potential to grow in.

What is this, an anthia school for ants? You need at least...3 times as many.

But seriously, think about adding 6 or so more anthias, they really like to school and are a great way to add movement to a tank. Also, you could add a few more wrasses. They are great for picking at pests on corals.

Thank you for the feedback. I am looking to add four to five females. Couldn’t find any locally. Yes, I did the rock work.

Back