Welcome to BAR - the Bay Area's premier saltwater hobbyists hub!

No more super glue gels at the dollar store?

Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2008
Messages
1,424
Dollar Tree is now $1.25.
 
Secretary
BOD
Joined
Dec 7, 2022
Messages
1,468
Supporting Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2010
Messages
2,504
Harbor Freight is 30% off this weekend on their Gel Superglue. Normal price is $4.50

Comes to ~0.35 per tube
That's where I get mine. Need to reload.
 
Kay's Coral Cove
BAR Sponsor
Joined
Aug 29, 2021
Messages
1,551
Harbor Freight is my go to now. I used to use Gorilla Glue super glue gel but it makes a huge glue slick at the top of the water and didn't actually stick to the rock very well. Harbor freight rarely slicks off a film, has been holding great, and can be purchased in bulk when they have a sale.
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2008
Messages
1,424
Harbor Freight is my go to now. I used to use Gorilla Glue super glue gel but it makes a huge glue slick at the top of the water and didn't actually stick to the rock very well. Harbor freight rarely slicks off a film, has been holding great, and can be purchased in bulk when they have a sale.
I also have been using HF CA Gel for the past 10 years. It's cheap and works the same as any CA glue. I find that they are all the same, and made with the same formulation. The only difference is the marketing and packaging. I think the "glue slick" occurs when the glue isn't mixed well. I've had the same experience at time with HF. I found that shaking the little tube vigorously prior to using it, it'll prevent the "glue slick".
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2013
Messages
2,499
Been using seatak of late. Has its pluses and minuses. Plus-once it cures-the urchins can’t take the corals for a ride.
Minus-I do find it PIA to use…
 
Top