High Tide Aquatics

Not looking good: caulastraea with tissue necrosis?

I'll check that out, but I don't think so. No silicon. I run RO/DI. But you never know.

Curious what kind of Alk drop would bother LPS? I know my PO4 dropped to 0, and I know Alk went down to 8.1 and now is around 8.9.

So latest update...parameters are under control. Tank still looking ugly with reddish brown film algae on glass and hair algae growing.

Some coral seem to be doing better or even thriving like zoa, blastos, darth maul porites, lithophyllon, and a monti.

Other LPS, on the other hand, not so much. Acans are now starting to bad. I can't decide if I should move them back to my quarantine frag tank where they were doing better. Thoughts?

Larry

Here are the results of my Triton ICP test

@ofzakaria Does anything stand out here?

Tank is very brown now on sand, rocks, and glass. There's cyano growing. I'm going to do the dino shake test again soon. No snail deaths, but this stuff is ugly.

I feel like the corals are what they are. Not much better or worse. Chaeto suddenly started turning white though, so I am dosing a little ChaetoGro.

I am by no means an expert, but per the test, it shows your zinc is in the red. Not sure what that means for corals, but it could be your culprit

Back