got ethical husbandry?

Nudibranch ID?

Arvin R

Supporting Member
Hey,

So today I found a couple nudibranches in one of my tanks. Was wondering if anyone could help ID and/or have any info on these?
20230303_111513.jpg
20230303_111556.jpg
20230303_111550.jpg

Thanks, I had a feeling their color was related to what they're eating (I do have a bunch of orange zoas, so many that I dont notice any gone/eaten from) Do these only eat zoas and all other corals are safe? If so I'm letting them lose in my display.

Last edited:
only zoas. Tough to get rid of because of the eggs. You have to dip all you frags/colonies once or twice a week for a month (at least) to break their life cycle. Even then, you can never be sure. Melanarus or six line wrasse can help with managing them.

Thought you had a six line? That.. and a few dips have worked for me..cool critters love the rainbow of colors but can destroy zoa gardens if populations get outa control..

Thought you had a six line? That.. and a few dips have worked for me..cool critters love the rainbow of colors but can destroy zoa gardens if populations get outa control..
My six line has gone MIA. I'm assuming jumped out of the only small openings I have in my lid for my over the top return lines.

I'm in the middle of fragging all my over grown zoas in my 50g low boy so I ended up doing a detailed search through the tank and majority of the zoas. Found 1 set of eggs and was able to remove them. Decided against putting them into my display as my wrasses would probably eat them before they put any dent on my zoas. Going to just find a replacement arch and probably give away the one that's getting covered in Nirvana's.

Back