Neptune Aquatics

Nudibranchs for a good home

I have a good number that have been wiping out the aptasia issue in a tank of mine. The pickings are getting pretty slim and soon they will be starving. I would like to pass them on to someone having a similarly large invasion. I am not able to say exactly when that will be but from what I am seeing likely I can pass a number on in the next week or two. Please let me know if interested I am located i. South San Jose.

Thank you @Newjack and anyone else you can think of please alert them to this. I'd hate for these little guys to starve after all the hard work they have put in to fix the one major issue with my tank. I tried dealing with the Aptasia through other means but I just never could get it to be completely eliminated. These guys are even crawling into the places shrimp and other aptasia predators cannot go. I have a good feeling the problem will be 100% dealt with through this method.

Hope you don’t have any in your overflow box plumbing or sump. And if you do hope the nudist get in there.
I should take a look. It is a small AIO so easy enough. Thank you for the idea.

I believe there should be enough for two batches. I put in 10-11 and I have seen some small ones that have to have hatched in tank. Will DM when they are ready.

I'm curious to see what the nudibranchs look like. Do you have a pic of them?

I do not. Will snap a shot next time they come out. I think they look really neat, would be happy to keep em forever if they would not starve.

I am not seeing any aptasia at quick glance last night. The ramp up was really fast, my guess is there are a lot of young spawn helping now. Maybe they will be ready to go sooner than I thought.

The one time I used berghia to get aiptasia out of an AIO I just set the water level really high so the rear chambers were flooded and smoother than usual. That was enough for them to get around and do their thing. I would also consider draining the back and using something chemical to kill off the return pump chamber. Mainly because it's easy to isolate from the rest of the system and rinse a couple times before restarting. Foaming the return pump would work too as it would protect the nudis while they go in to work.

I was able to grab one this early morning and put it into a container. I didn't see any last night. I'm not sure if they are already starving off or not. I'll try and see if I can get some more today.

Aaand a second big guy was on the tank glass soon as I post this. I have two now, probably good enough to get going?

Attachments

• D28CACBB-D454-4F12-B52D-F0876BD772CE.jpeg
    D28CACBB-D454-4F12-B52D-F0876BD772CE.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 206
Anyone able to pick up tonight? I only have two I was able to capture, possible I will be able to grab more when I get home. DM if so I am in South San Jose area.

Back