Reef nutrition

Ofzakaria tigertail sea cucumber

I have 2 tiger tails I can spare. I stole @Rostato of having a DBTC to these beautiful creatures.
These are sand cleaners and require stable conditions and no predators.
While they are the least risk CUC, thwy are still sea cucumber. So do not add it unless you believe your system can handle it.

Same DBTC rules applies. Hopefully it multiply in your system and if it did, please pass it around. I do not see them in LFS anymore for some reason..

If you want one, feel free to email me on bayareareef@gmail.com

Last edited:
The description on Live Aquaria says that it "cannot tolerate high nitrate levels". I wonder what they mean by high?

that i cannot help you with cause my system is low nutrients. but honestly i think its very adaptable. like very..it survived tank crash and 3 tank transfers while many coral and fish did not

I would really like to try it out. I just don’t know what the Harlequin Tusk will do. Anyone keep sea cucumbers with a tusk?

I would really like to try it out. I just don’t know what the Harlequin Tusk will do. Anyone keep sea cucumbers with a tusk?
I have 2 of these shrimps they never bother it.
If you want I will keep you one. They are really amazing and best sand cleaner there is..

Not Harlequin Shrimp, Harlequin Tusk - the fish with the nasty blue fangs that loves to eat everything ;)
Oh oh lol. I do not know about these. Why do not you research..these creatures hid during day u never see them then come out at night only.
Worst thing you can add and observe if you see hostility we can take it out.
But will leave it to you to decide.

A few years ago I got a tiger tail for my Softie tank. The tank had an Angler, a Toby Puffer, and a Harlequin Tusk. It disappeared after a week. But, I really can't say why it disappeared.

Yep.
Tusk will harass it a bit, making cuke hide.
So much less effective as a cleaner.
But it will not kill it.

Received one from @ofzakaria today. Beautiful, amazing creature. Thank you, Omar.

He’s waiting in the acclimation box until the pesky fish are asleep.

d6ddb5dce7bfdbafce33331b76908c0e.jpg

Did you know that they breathe by sucking water through their anus? I bet you’re glad you know that now.

My Tiger Tail doesn’t seem terribly happy and is not doing anything for my sand, so if anyone would like to give him a home, let me know.

@svreef , I PM'ed and texted you but did not hear from you. So trying one last time here.
If the tigertail is stressed out, I will take it and give it time to settle.

Last edited:
Back