Kessil

Old School marine aquarium keeping

@Squist
This is a great book
Thanks for the tip! A used copy is on the way. Looks like it’ll address some questions I have about fresh food dosing—a topic of this weekend’s special event.

“Dynamic Aquaria takes a unique approach by integrating ecology and aquarium science. The result is a better understanding of both ecological food webs and the limitations imposed on these webs by their compression into micro- and mesocosms.”

Thanks for the tip! A used copy is on the way. Looks like it’ll address some questions I have about fresh food dosing—a topic of this weekend’s special event.

“Dynamic Aquaria takes a unique approach by integrating ecology and aquarium science. The result is a better understanding of both ecological food webs and the limitations imposed on these webs by their compression into micro- and mesocosms.”
This is pretty cool, @Kensington Reefer -- the book arrived today. Just $14 for a used copy and it's even signed by Adey (the scientist in the photo above for anyone catching this thread for the first time). Not a light read by any stretch, but given today's automation and Reef Nutrition discussion needed to be postponed, I'll have time to dig into some of the science of ecosystems prior to the rescheduled date.

Dynamic Aquaria, Adey.png

This is pretty cool, @Kensington Reefer -- the book arrived today. Just $14 for a used copy and it's even signed by Adey (the scientist in the photo above for anyone catching this thread for the first time). Not a light read by any stretch, but given today's automation and Reef Nutrition discussion needed to be postponed, I'll have time to dig into some of the science of ecosystems prior to the rescheduled date.

View attachment 30902
Yeah man!!
Enjoy the read
I am a huge fan of vegetative growth for the export of “pollution”. Not that I will ever test the true ratio of poop makers to poop consumers in our systems, it would be awesome to see a huge refugium and a reef a tenth the size feeding it.

Back