High Tide Aquatics

Opportunities within the Hobby

Blaise006

Supporting Member
Hi All,

I wanted to make a post to discuss some of the needs/desires of people in the hobby.

Short backstory: I am looking to pursue a new venture. I have some spare time during COVID and thought I should try combining my passion for reefs and previous work experience.

I would love to hear what you may be missing in your routine and/or problems that you wish could be solved.

Unfortunately, my background is not going to cure any of the major fish diseases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m missing someone to do all the maintenance for me at no cost, and with the same keen eye for detail I have. Unfortunately that doesn’t exist.

I’m missing someone to do all the maintenance for me at no cost, and with the same keen eye for detail I have. Unfortunately that doesn’t exist.

I am willing to do that for you bud. Your tank will look pristine and will look the same 10 years from now. : )

So what general field does "previous work experience" fall into. I mean if you're a biologist and I tell you something in an area that's primarily electronic based then it really won't help you out :D

So what general field does "previous work experience" fall into. I mean if you're a biologist and I tell you something in an area that's primarily electronic based then it really won't help you out :D

I have a finance background. So the previous work experience includes building/restructuring firms.

My intention is to be consulting with external parties/attracting the right talent to build a product or service. I don’t intend to operate in a silo. While that doesn’t happen overnight, I have been involved in different phases of start ups and feel I could leverage that pipeline to speed up the overall process.

My goal with this post is to assess the needs of the reef community and ultimately decide if that is something I feel I could build a business around. In my experience, I often see individuals/firms pitch solutions to a client that the client didn’t initially realize as a problem. I would like to gather information from the community and assess my capabilities against those needs.

Hope that adds some additional color, please let me know if I can’t provide anything else that would help further. :)

I noted an exception to fish diseases because I know I don’t have the contacts to assess the product or service. Maybe in the future I will.

I have a finance background. So the previous work experience includes building/restructuring firms.

My intention is to be consulting with external parties/attracting the right talent to build a product or service. I don’t intend to operate in a silo. While that doesn’t happen overnight, I have been involved in different phases of start ups and feel I could leverage that pipeline to speed up the overall process.

My goal with this post is to assess the needs of the reef community and ultimately decide if that is something I feel I could build a business around. In my experience, I often see individuals/firms pitch solutions to a client that the client didn’t initially realize as a problem. I would like to gather information from the community and assess my capabilities against those needs.

Hope that adds some additional color, please let me know if I can’t provide anything else that would help further. :)

I noted an exception to fish diseases because I know I don’t have the contacts to assess the product or service. Maybe in the future I will.

I'm trying to start a business. See link in signature.

Back