Neptune Aquatics

Phosphates and nitrates

When I was running a fuge, it took up nutrients super fast. I ended up with a balanced system with just skimmer and 5-10% water changes every two weeks.
I found that when the fuge was absorbing nitrients fast and grew, my nutrients would go back up if I pulled out too much, so it was just a pain to manage.

Yeah I think I’ll have to take out some cheto tonight. Do a quick water change. My skimmer has been hard at work with some real dark skin mate.also finding myself replacing my filter pads once every two to three days.

Haha yeah I have a bunch of hermits that are good with the algae on rocks. They keep the rocks super clean and keeping them from having any chance for algae to grow. But I do need to get some more snails that go on the tank glass I have a bunch of Nassau’s snails but they always stay in the sand bed hidden until feeding time. I’ve been seeing a lot of pods roaming the sand bed and when I move my frag they jolt into cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I ordered some phosphate and nitrates to dose just in case I can’t get them high enough to be detectable. I’ll give it a few more days and keep testing and will try the suggestions hopefully that works and can get some readings this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back