got ethical husbandry?

Plating Montipora Photo Gallery

thesassyindian

Supporting Member
After seeing a red montipora cap doing well in my tank, I'm looking for another more colorful options out there.
Let's see those colorful plating montiporas!

1642811573740.png

Not the best pic, but something! Each of these started about half their current size several months ago!

If anyone has a purple monti they wouldn’t mind sharing a frag of, please do reach out!

Attachments

• 22CC9BD2-CB34-445B-B09D-7A572E2BA66B.png
    22CC9BD2-CB34-445B-B09D-7A572E2BA66B.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 157
Here's my bootleg grafted capricornises. Unfortunately even though they are both caps these two don't get along. The orange overpowers the green so I need to trim it back every so often. Anyone want a large frag?
DSCF2531.JPG

Interestingly, the encrusting types of montis will also plate if they run out of growing space. The red Mystic Sunset monti has created ridges hanging off the rock, and the Aquaman has created a plating disc after it ran into the mystic.
DSCF2532.JPG

My ASD Rainbow Phoenix (montipora palawanensis) also plates. Usually I see these placed on the bottom of tanks and they create disks on the floor. I placed mine on the rock thinking it would encrust once it gets to the edge but looks like it continues to create circular disks that overhang when it runs out of flat space.
DSCF2533.JPG
DSCF2534.JPG

Last edited:
Here's my bootleg grafted capricornises. Unfortunately even though they are both caps these two don't get along. The orange overpowers the green so I need to trim it back every so often. Anyone want a large frag?
View attachment 35051

Interestingly, the encrusting types of montis will also plate if they run out of growing space. The red Mystic Sunset monti has created ridges hanging off the rock, and the Aquaman has created a plating disc after it ran into the mystic.
View attachment 35052

My ASD Rainbow Phoenix (montipora palawanensis) also plates. Usually I see these placed on the bottom of tanks and they create disks on the floor. I placed mine on the rock thinking it would encrust once it gets to the edge but looks like it continues to create circular disks that overhang when it runs out of flat space.
View attachment 35053View attachment 35054
I'd love a piece of the orange cap. Let me know once one is available!

Back