Neptune Aquatics

Plumbing question

I’ve had push-fit fittings failed several times under high pressure (especially above 60 psi) for several reasons. Brass, compression…never. Obviously, metals like brass and copper is not good with saltwater so that’s the downside.
Hi Robert I am in the process of putting togather a 108 G reef tank and looking torun 1/4" tubing between my living room and garage, 3 lines. 2 lines will be to drain and refill salt water in my main tank. The plumber wants to run copper under the house. Would 3 plastic tubes inside a PVC pipe be better

I’m no plumber but I wouldn’t use copper for any water going into a tank. This is an example of how having someone experienced with setting up reef tanks is probably more important than having a regular plumber in my opinion.

I’m no plumber but I wouldn’t use copper for any water going into a tank. This is an example of how having someone experienced with setting up reef tanks is probably more important than having a regular plumber in my opinion.
Thanks John. This was a suggestion from a plumber that came to my house I was planning to run the 1/4" tubing directly from the tank into my garage connecting the lines to the rodi system and drain pumps. Will that work better?

Hi Robert I am in the process of putting togather a 108 G reef tank and looking torun 1/4" tubing between my living room and garage, 3 lines. 2 lines will be to drain and refill salt water in my main tank. The plumber wants to run copper under the house. Would 3 plastic tubes inside a PVC pipe be better
Yes, way better.
Tip: Use Electrical PVC conduit (grey stuff), not Plumbing PVC for the outer sleeve tubing.
The conduit has UV protection and has nice wide bends for elbows. It is not pressure rated, but you do not care about that.
The elbows in particular are an issue, since normal plumbing elbows can kink tubing inside, or make it really hard to run lines.

Reactions: JVU
Another tip:
Use larger pipe than you think. You might just end up with more than 3 tubes.
IMG_1139.jpg

Back