Kessil

Popper's IM200ext

So what’s your plan going forward? I think the most sensible approach might be to go fishless for 65 days or whatever the suggested timeframe is to allow the diseases to die. You can bump temps up to 79or80 to speed the process.

This would allow you to sort of reset, choose the fish that mean the most to you, and add them in an order which will give you the best odds to avoid aggression.

I know it would be sad to see a fish less tank for 2 months. It would also only be effective if you commit to adding quarantined fish only from then on.
Yeh going fishless for 3 months.

Remaining fish in qt

Yellow tang
2x blue devil damsel
Pair black snowflake clown
Checker wrasse
Chaoti wrasse
Flasher wrasse

Last edited:
What does RODI at 0.07 mean? Highly recommend doing the fallow method @Invictus mentioned following the Humblefish protocol: https://humble.fish/community/index.php?threads/ich-eradication-vs-ich-management.28/

You have to break the lifecycle of the ich tomonts otherwise they'll just keep coming back. All the fish will have to be treated and you'll need to sanitize/avoid aerosols to truly prevent cross contamination.

It's possible to confirm with aquabiomics after as well if you want to go that extra step.

3 wrasse, 2 damsel and a yellow tang in qt along with 2 black snowflake clown in a cage.

Yesterday 1 cmown died. It has red spots on body. Probably got beat up too.

This morning wrasses not healthy but swimming. Damsels are fine. yt dead

Very beat up. Imprisoned the 2 damsels in a holding cell..
20240716_050859.jpg

Observed for an hour several times during sun light...all well behaved. I think they're ninjas only attack at night.

Last night before bed, checked yt didn't have any physical abuse. This morning found it got assassinated.

Last edited:
Observed for an hour several times during sun light...all well behaved. I think they're ninjas only attack at night.

Last night before bed, checked yt didn't have any physical abuse. This morning found it got assassinated.

You bought two of the meanest damselfish and this is the result I am afraid. There is a reason DEVIL is in the name.

When I used to bring these in wholesale, ever single one got cupped.

You bought two of the meanest damselfish and this is the result I am afraid. There is a reason DEVIL is in the name.

When I used to bring these in wholesale, ever single one got cupped.
Do Blue Devil Damsel’s consistently have a yellow patch along their bellies and tail, or are some completely blue? I’m seeing conflicting pictures online.

Do Blue Devil Damsel’s consistently have a yellow patch along their bellies and tail, or are some completely blue? I’m seeing conflicting pictures online.

Fiji Blue Devil has a yellow belly. Chrysiptera taupou

Blue devil is all blue. Chrysiptera cyanea

They are both very aggressive.

Fiji Blue Devil has a yellow belly. Chrysiptera taupou

Blue devil is all blue. Chrysiptera cyanea

They are both very aggressive.
I ask because AC sold me a “Springer Damsel” and it is now running my nano tank, holding its own against the previous most aggressive Yellow Damsel which is 2x its size. I expected a springer to be much more peaceful.

Is it likely AC sold me a Blue Devil instead of a Springer? It doesn’t have the typical black markings I’d expect of a Springer, although pictures online are conflicting.

The aggressiveness doesn’t bother me as he only actively chases a green Chromis when they are in the same vicinity, but I bought him for potential pest control and if he’s not going to do that then I’d feel slightly duped.

IMG_3164.jpeg

IMG_3166.jpeg

Back