Neptune Aquatics

PSA Ridgid 9Ah Batteries

For those using Ridgid cordless tools, the big 9Ah battery is on clearance at Home Depot for $100
Regular price is $200

Attachments

• 1622142146890928335873.jpg
    1622142146890928335873.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 176
I was wondering the same thing!
The Bluetooth® functionality unlocks the job site with the ability to enhance security, set notifications, and check battery status. This battery is backed by the RIDGID 3-Year Limited Warranty.

Maybe to setup some virtual fence that doesn't allow the battery to work unless it's in the proximity to prevent theft of tools on a job site?

I believe the Bluetooth is to “lock” the battery in case it gets “lost” and with the proper app, your tool becomes smarter?
I don’t care about the Bluetooth connectivity, just a longer strong run time on circular saws.
I have the Ridgid 7 1/4” double bevel sliding saw and that battery does make a difference vs the commonly found 4Ah. I love this saw since is light and compact; 2x4’s and 2x6’s are the most common pieces of wood I come across and the Bosch 10” is heavy.
The other useful tool to pair it with would be a roto-hammer but I have a small corded one that does great; unless I come across an extremely cheap Ridgid cordless roto-hammer, I won’t bother; a hammer drill does the job for me.

Not true, I’ve had my ryobi drivers with me for more than 8 years, and I’m really rough with my tools. They are still working great.

I had doubt with ryobi in the beginning, and would’ve gladly switch over to Milwaukee. But turns out I don’t need to.

Last edited:
Back