High Tide Aquatics

Really cheap Tropic Marin salt at BRS

Darkxerox

Facilities, Events, LFS Partnership
BOD
I know folks have their opinions but this ends up at $0.46 a gallon after tax which is the cheapest I've ever seen it. Note this is basically TM Pro that contains biopolymers so you can't store it mixed over 24h but I use it to reduce nitrates in my tank. Highly recommend a skimmer.

Screenshot_20240608-105017.png

Cheapest I get in bi annual TM sales is $0.51 a gallon after tax for TM pro.

I know folks have their opinions but this ends up at $0.46 a gallon after tax which is the cheapest I've ever seen it. Note this is basically TM Pro that contains biopolymers so you can't store it mixed over 24h but I use it to reduce nitrates in my tank. Highly recommend a skimmer.

View attachment 57159

Cheapest I get in bi annual TM sales is $0.51 a gallon after tax for TM pro.
Can you use it stored if you don't care about the bio part? Is it otherwise the same as TM pro?

Can you use it stored if you don't care about the bio part? Is it otherwise the same as TM pro?
Yeah it's fine dry if that's the storage you're talking about. When it's mixed and sitting in a mixing vessel, bacteria can bloom over time. Still mixes just as clean as TMP though. I had it at room temp 48h before with no bloom, but I didn't push it past there.

Yeah it's fine dry if that's the storage you're talking about. When it's mixed and sitting in a mixing vessel, bacteria can bloom over time. Still mixes just as clean as TMP though. I had it at room temp 48h before with no bloom, but I didn't push it past there.
Sorry, I meant can I mix it and let it sit for a week. I'm not clear if it just loses some magic bio benefit at that point or if it becomes bad after that point.

I am using TM, but I rarely make and use in the same day.

Yeah might not be the best idea then, might gunk up your mixing container if you use this and let it sit too long.

@Darkxerox
Yeah might not be the best idea then, might gunk up your mixing container if you use this and let it sit too long.

I had this in my cart from last night but hadn't pulled the trigger yet -- would it be a good first salt to use as I cycle my tank or would that be a waste? If it's a great price in your opinion, I may just pick up 2 cases for water changes as the cycle wraps up and I start to introduce livestock.

Yeah should work fine, maybe go with the syn biotic since it supposedly has precursors if you trust Lou Ekus lol. But it should help chew through nutrients if your rock leaches anything.

Back