High Tide Aquatics

Rebooting my tank

Hello all

It's been some years since I haven't been here, a few years since I haven't maintained my tank either:oops:. I have my tank for over 10 years now and there was a time when my tank was thriving, full of sps that I had to donate to make space in my 125G tank. I started slacking in my maintenance and my tank crashed 3-4 years ago. Since then its been a fish only tank as I never got it going again.
Well, I'm finally getting it started again, I got my water parameters back to normal and will start to get some starter corals to test it out, hopefully, one day will get it to be close to what it was before.
Old picture attached. IMG_2478.JPG
IMG_2478.JPG

wow that is a huge difference :) Well I wish you best of luck to get it even better!
I see you have an angel fish :p did that guy eat everything :D

The big fish is a sail fin tang (Desjardini)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I let my tank go some years back and mushrooms and Kenya trees took it over. Other than getting rid of all the phosphates, it wasn’t that bad to get it full of SPS/LPS again....and time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back! Obviously you know how to make your tank successful, so I’m looking forward to your progress.

Funny, but I think both tanks look nice.
It is often difficult to make a FOWLR look nice and clean like that.

What kind of Angel is that? Might not be so reef safe as an adult.

Looking forward to the journal.

Hi All

It is an Emperor Angel and yes it started changing to adult colors. I didn't have this particular fish when I was growing SPS but I did have another juvenile Emperor and other angels that never nibbled on my sps.
I did get a small rock with some Zoes a few days ago and few are missing so he may be nibbling on them.
Also got few SPS frags, they are looking ok so far. Looking forward to starting to fill it up with Sps again :)

I'll post updates as time goes by

Back