Jestersix

Red Sea LED 90 PAR loss?

MarcosDelgado0

Supporting Member
This might be a dumb question but can LEDs lose PAR over time? I was tested the lighting on the new frag tank and checked out the Max E 170 while I had the PAR meter and it’s showing crazy low? Literally at the surface centered, I’m only reading ~120 PAR. At the peak of my rock work which is about 3-4” below the center of the tank, I’m only getting ~60 PAR. Frag racks where my torches sit are showing 20-30 PAR. Could this be accurate? On the frag tank with the Nicrew 150s the numbers are what I expected because I matched the lighting height of someone on YouTube with the same frag tank and lights but the Red Sea LED 90s seem way off. I found a chart with PAR measurements for the Red Sea LED 90 and at center surface where I should be getting at least 500 PAR, I only get 120.

Attachments

• IMG_9259.jpeg
    IMG_9259.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9263.png
    IMG_9263.png
    270.5 KB · Views: 29
This might be a dumb question but can LEDs lose PAR over time? I was tested the lighting on the new frag tank and checked out the Max E 170 while I had the PAR meter and it’s showing crazy low? Literally at the surface centered, I’m only reading ~120 PAR. At the peak of my rock work which is about 3-4” below the center of the tank, I’m only getting ~60 PAR. Frag racks where my torches sit are showing 20-30 PAR. Could this be accurate? On the frag tank with the Nicrew 150s the numbers are what I expected because I matched the lighting height of someone on YouTube with the same frag tank and lights but the Red Sea LED 90s seem way off. I found a chart with PAR measurements for the Red Sea LED 90 and at center surface where I should be getting at least 500 PAR, I only get 120.
How long have the lights been operating ? As in, how long have you had them?

Corals are all opening up and doing ok. Growing even. I wouldn’t have thought there was an issue. I emailed Red Sea and they are sending me a replacement power supply to trouble shoot. I don’t think that is the issue but I think they want to try that before sending me a replacement light to switch out

Corals are all opening up and doing ok. Growing even. I wouldn’t have thought there was an issue. I emailed Red Sea and they are sending me a replacement power supply to trouble shoot. I don’t think that is the issue but I think they want to try that before sending me a replacement light to switch out
At least they are on it. Hope it resolves soon.

Back