Cali Kid Corals

Red Sea Reefer Peninsula 650

It is haha, who here is best at growing SPS and is in need of filling space? I want to bank a bunch of my sps just in case. Basically in case I ever have a crash, a small frag of any pieces you received from me that are alive must be given back. I've been thinking to do this for a while. I'd like 2 people if possible. Put your best foot forward and I will choose 2 people. Preference given to folks with automatic testing (I think its important).
oh BTW I know DBTC is similar. But what I want is no requirement to give away future frags. If I had just a couple people bank some frags it would be much easier for me as well. Basically do what you want but do not sell the whole piece away. If it doesn't die you should continue to grow it.

Automatic testing and automatic water changes. Stability is key. My tank can eat up almost 2 dkh in 4-6 hours at times.
Were you not doing this (auto testing and auto water changes) on the previous tanks? Sorry I should have been more clear with my previous question. You mentioned that it is growing at a rate you had not experienced when compared to your previous tanks.That made me wonder if you are doing anything different on this tank than the previous.

Were you not doing this (auto testing and auto water changes) on the previous tanks? Sorry I should have been more clear with my previous question. You mentioned that it is growing at a rate you had not experienced when compared to your previous tanks.That made me wonder if you are doing anything different on this tank than the previous.
That is the only difference really, I ran a calcium reactor like I am doing now. But I would test maybe once a month or wait till I saw issues with the corals if sooner. Once I saw tips burning (low alk) it would be too late and growth would slow.

That is the only difference really, I ran a calcium reactor like I am doing now. But I would test maybe once a month or wait till I saw issues with the corals if sooner. Once I saw tips burning (low alk) it would be too late and growth would slow.
Agree, once things are dialed then keeping stability with auto testing is key, as well as redundancy on other fronts that can crash a tank like temp.

It is haha, who here is best at growing SPS and is in need of filling space? I want to bank a bunch of my sps just in case. Basically in case I ever have a crash, a small frag of any pieces you received from me that are alive must be given back. I've been thinking to do this for a while. I'd like 2 people if possible. Put your best foot forward and I will choose 2 people. Preference given to folks with automatic testing (I think its important).
@derek_SR @Turkeysammich

Really awesome corals. You’re doing a fantastic job.
Thanks!
Agree, once things are dialed then keeping stability with auto testing is key, as well as redundancy on other fronts that can crash a tank like temp.
Which is why I also have backups of most of my equipment.

Nice scats!
Definite blue thumb

My compliments Doc
Thanks Erin!
let me know if interested, although I am hesitant with anyone with anemones.
Thanks boun. My new aquarium is still finding its feet. Give me a few months.
Let me know

Sorry to expand on this, my previous tank was 8 or 9 years prior to starting this one. There was no automatic testing.

Awesome tank, awesome pics!

I’ve got automatic testing and automatic water changes, would love to bank some stuff!

The only anemone I have anymore is the magnifica, and its isolated on a pedestal. It’s pretty happy there, and actually seems to have kind of a weak sting. But if that’s a dealbreaker no worries, just wanted to throw my name in the hat - SPS do seem to really like my tank.

Back