Reef nutrition

Reef Legend 16 oz Combo Phyto & rotifer buying. Need one subscribe partner to save on cost and shipping

wfong

Supporting Member
Anyone living in San Francisco interested to share buying monthly from Reef Legend one combo set of 16oz bottle of live phyto & rotifers feed to save on cost and free shipping. I just need one person to partner with and will cost each of us $20 dollars. you could go to rlutah.com to learn more.

Honestly...I would go with CoralHubUS (Nathan Zach). He'll be donating to the club for the upcoming swap. His stuff is great! I culture my own pods and phyto I got from him and still order fresh product from him. Getting some delivered today actually.

I'm in the middle of expanding my pod and phyto culturing. I'm hoping to bring some extra to the swap.

Hey Ray,
Have you ever tried using Reef legend combo Phytoblend 11 species of phytoplankyon and a bottle of Marine Rotifers L-type Brachionus plicatilis? I recently bought this product on May 4.2024 at CFM in Sunnyvale. I am in the process of evaluating this product. I plan to use this product for 6 months feeding a 5 gallon and 24 gallon mix reef set up to evaluate any huge difference. Many vendors at the CFM said this product made a huge difference in coral health. If others BARS members have used this product, please chime in. Thank you, Wilfred

Attachments

• 5 gallon reef tank.jpg
    5 gallon reef tank.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 24 gallon reef tank.jpg
    24 gallon reef tank.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Honestly...I would go with CoralHubUS (Nathan Zach). He'll be donating to the club for the upcoming swap. His stuff is great! I culture my own pods and phyto I got from him and still order fresh product from him. Getting some delivered today actually.

I'm in the middle of expanding my pod and phyto culturing. I'm hoping to bring some extra to the swap.
There also is Reef Nutrition of which has sponsored the club for over a decade :)

I used their phyto and 2 pod blend and honestly… didn’t notice a difference. Maybe others have a better experience. I won them in a raffle so no loss. I originally dosed with Reef Nutrition pods and I have a strong colony going now. I don’t have any experiences with either Marine Rotifiers

Attachments

• IMG_8292.png
    IMG_8292.png
    373.4 KB · Views: 16
There also is Reef Nutrition of which has sponsored the club for over a decade :)
I understand where you're coming from. To the point about being a sponsor, Nathan also recently donated to the club as well for the upcoming raffle. So there's plenty of room for other players in this industry.

I have also use RN btw. Their offering of live culture grade species is limited though. I've tried both Reef Legends and RN live products. The density of the phyto and pod cultures from Nathan are much better.
Have you ever tried using Reef legend combo Phytoblend 11 species of phytoplankyon and a bottle of Marine Rotifers L-type Brachionus plicatilis?
I have tried their blended phyto bottles. I bought their package at the last CFM. Their product is a one and done bottle. Dump it in and it gets used up. I also tried their rotifers. Both of those definitely benefit your tank and inhabitants.

I'm not sure what a monthly one and done dosing will do though. I feed my tanks live phyto and tig pods almost daily. Sometimes a couple times a day. If I only did it once a month, I'm not sure I'd notice any discernable difference. If I was in your shoes, I'd order enough of something that you can use at the very least a few times a week.

Hey Ray,
Have you ever tried using Reef legend combo Phytoblend 11 species of phytoplankyon and a bottle of Marine Rotifers L-type Brachionus plicatilis? I recently bought this product on May 4.2024 at CFM in Sunnyvale. I am in the process of evaluating this product. I plan to use this product for 6 months feeding a 5 gallon and 24 gallon mix reef set up to evaluate any huge difference. Many vendors at the CFM said this product made a huge difference in coral health. If others BARS members have used this product, please chime in. Thank you, Wilfred
Hey, Wilfred,

I have not used Reef Legend's, but I have used Nathan Zach (CoralHub)'s phyto + pods before, and I've been extremely pleased with both.

I understand where you're coming from. To the point about being a sponsor, Nathan also recently donated to the club as well for the upcoming raffle. So there's plenty of room for other players in this industry.

I have also use RN btw. Their offering of live culture grade species is limited though. I've tried both Reef Legends and RN live products. The density of the phyto and pod cultures from Nathan are much better.

I have tried their blended phyto bottles. I bought their package at the last CFM. Their product is a one and done bottle. Dump it in and it gets used up. I also tried their rotifers. Both of those definitely benefit your tank and inhabitants.

I'm not sure what a monthly one and done dosing will do though. I feed my tanks live phyto and tig pods almost daily. Sometimes a couple times a day. If I only did it once a month, I'm not sure I'd notice any discernable difference. If I was in your shoes, I'd order enough of something that you can use at the very least a few times a week.

The two 16 oz bottle of blended phyto and rotifers will last me three weeks to a month for feeding my 5 gallon and 24 gallon reef tank daily. Guess you call it "one and done". The cost to me will be only $20 monthly and if some one else spend $20 with me. i have to spend $40 to get California free shipping. Two 16 oz bottles for $20 dollars is a very good price with free shipping.

I'd be interested in some phyto or pods if you have extra. Not muxh just a bit.

I'd be interested in some phyto or pods if you have extra. Not muxh just a bit.
I can bring you a small bottle of tetraselmis phyto. I just recently had a pod crash though, so I don't have enough to spare atm. Really bummed about that. Sorry.

The two 16 oz bottle of blended phyto and rotifers will last me three weeks to a month for feeding my 5 gallon and 24 gallon reef tank daily. Guess you call it "one and done". The cost to me will be only $20 monthly and if some one else spend $20 with me. i have to spend $40 to get California free shipping. Two 16 oz bottles for $20 dollars is a very good price with free shipping.
I decided to go with Algae Depot one 16 oz Reef Boost live four species phytoplankton for $18 including free shipping. Anyone else in BAR tried this Algae Depot live phytoplankton product?

Back