Neptune Aquatics

Remember when these were like $40?

gmdcdvm

Supporting Member
Just got this email today. Makes me wonder where they source them from? Only $4.5k. Should have invested in tangs years ago. They are doing better than gold. Hahaha.

Attachments

• IMG_5987.png
    IMG_5987.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 71
I remember the day Hawaii banned exports of fish for the hobby, because the price instantly shot up on everything, stock that cost a business $10 the day before that they were selling for $20, now had $300 price tags on it, hell they didn't even know how much they'd cost. The greed was so heavy that it stunk me out of the hobby. I also remember the day before selling a yellow, and a couple bristletooth tangs for like $30-40 each or something, part of me regrets because who doesn't like money, but I was just happy they went to a big tank Does Hawaii still ban fish exports? I haven't been paying attention to the hobby in a while.

Oh fun fact $4500 for that juvenile tang that won't look anything like that in a year.

I remember the day Hawaii banned exports of fish for the hobby, because the price instantly shot up on everything, stock that cost a business $10 the day before that they were selling for $20, now had $300 price tags on it, hell they didn't even know how much they'd cost. The greed was so heavy that it stunk me out of the hobby. I also remember the day before selling a yellow, and a couple bristletooth tangs for like $30-40 each or something, part of me regrets because who doesn't like money, but I was just happy they went to a big tank Does Hawaii still ban fish exports? I haven't been paying attention to the hobby in a while.

Oh fun fact $4500 for that juvenile tang that won't look anything like that in a year.
Not sure it was greed so much as good old American supply and demand.

Reactions: JVU

I'd love to have an adult, they're pretty awesome looking.

Back