Neptune Aquatics

Repashy Superfoods?

BlueSallymandr

Supporting Member
Does anyone feed these to their fish? I want to feed a wider variety of foods, but my saltwater fish are very picky and won't touch anything that floats. Thinking of trying these gel foods, since they seem to have high quality ingredients. They are marketed for freshwater, but I don't see that it would be a problem to offer them to marine fish, right? If my saltwater fish won't eat them, I'm sure my freshwater fish will (they eat anything).

Hmm, I've been hearing good things about the TDO pellets but I have a strict "no wheat in the fridge" rule, hahaha. Do people really keep this stuff in the fridge?

I've been feeding brine shrimp vs mysis just because a few of my fish have tiny mouths (Yasha goby and Rainford goby), but maybe I should try out some mysis too for added nutrition.

Hmm, I've been hearing good things about the TDO pellets but I have a strict "no wheat in the fridge" rule, hahaha. Do people really keep this stuff in the fridge?

I've been feeding brine shrimp vs mysis just because a few of my fish have tiny mouths (Yasha goby and Rainford goby), but maybe I should try out some mysis too for added nutrition.
I keep mine in fridge once it's opened. Its in a sealed foil bag.

They have baby or small mysis i believe i saw it at Neptunes.

Does anyone feed these to their fish? I want to feed a wider variety of foods, but my saltwater fish are very picky and won't touch anything that floats. Thinking of trying these gel foods, since they seem to have high quality ingredients. They are marketed for freshwater, but I don't see that it would be a problem to offer them to marine fish, right? If my saltwater fish won't eat them, I'm sure my freshwater fish will (they eat anything).
I use the soilent green for my freshwater tank.

TDO I don't refrigerate. I know you're supposed to, but I don't and it doesnt seem to go bad. I pour out a week's worth at a time into a dish, and that way I reduce openings by 1/7

I don't feed tdos every week, probably not even every other week.
TDO is my main food. Daily. Coloration with TDO vs any other food is ridiculous: my clowns went from pale, with yellow color to jet black with red-orange on the tiny spot that was yellow

They don't seem to like mysis, they eat it way slower and a lot more sinks to the bottom. It's also slightly more of a pain for me to rinse etc, so I'm not upset lol

TDO is my main food. Daily. Coloration with TDO vs any other food is ridiculous: my clowns went from pale, with yellow color to jet black with red-orange on the tiny spot that was yellow

They don't seem to like mysis, they eat it way slower and a lot more sinks to the bottom. It's also slightly more of a pain for me to rinse etc, so I'm not upset lol
My clowns would try to eat me if I could fit in the tank. My main tanks p04 issues soni limit using tdos. I feed all tanks the same thing 95/ of the time frozen. I also have flakes as well but thats probably once every few months. No auto feeder, though I could just doesn't help me with frozen.

My clowns would try to eat me if I could fit in the tank. My main tanks p04 issues soni limit using tdos. I feed all tanks the same thing 95/ of the time frozen. I also have flakes as well but thats probably once every few months. No auto feeder, though I could just doesn't help me with frozen.

Read up on mysis/mysids and phosphate. TDO isn't the issue, you'll have less if you feed TDO most likely.

From Reef Nutrition website:

While refrigeration is the best way to store TDO in between feedings, we are aware of hobbyists and aquaculture professionals not refrigerating the food with out any negative effects.

TDO is great
Brine shrimp have very little nutritional value
But
Feed your fish the widest variety of high quality ingredients
A fish’s stomach is ROUGHLY the size of ONE of it’s eyeballs
Each feeding should contain several different ingredients
Tapas and appetizers size portions at least 4 times each day
If you’re worried about phosphate and nutrient buildup, water changes
A hungry fish is a weak and angry fish!

Read up on mysis/mysids and phosphate. TDO isn't the issue, you'll have less if you feed TDO most likely.
I was told TDO is amongst the best pellets for the fish I was planning to get, so far hasn't led me astray. I recall seeing BRS mention that dry food has more phosphates than mysis, back when I was super new.

Is TDO or mysis the better option, nutrition-wise, in your opinion? My fish don't seem as enthusiastic about mysis and it's more work so if TDO is fine I'll stick to it

Back