Reef nutrition

Rich's home tank

Had a major coral slide the other day and had to rebuild the entire left side of the tank. It made me enjoy reefing more than I have in a long time. The new side looks better and more airy than before... the other side now needs major trimming! I'll try to post some images and vid soon.

Had a major coral slide the other day and had to rebuild the entire left side of the tank. It made me enjoy reefing more than I have in a long time. The new side looks better and more airy than before... the other side now needs major trimming! I'll try to post some images and vid soon.
That’s great that what could be seen as a disaster instead turned out positive for you! Attitude is half the battle :)

Screen shot of vid of the collapse.
Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 11.03.34 AM.png

Screenshot of rebuilt section.
Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 10.59.55 AM.png

I don't think the clam is going to make it.
I have a vid of the work, 2 hours, maybe useful in time lapse. Prolly mostly me blocking the camera.
The center of the tank needs a major hacking now. I had a gig on a cruise and now I have the 'rona, so maybe next week.

Screen shot of vid of the collapse.
View attachment 39961

Screenshot of rebuilt section.
View attachment 39962
I don't think the clam is going to make it.
I have a vid of the work, 2 hours, maybe useful in time lapse. Prolly mostly me blocking the camera.
The center of the tank needs a major hacking now. I had a gig on a cruise and now I have the 'rona, so maybe next week.
Speedy recovery
And may it be a full recovery
Best fishes to ya

Apex helps save the day again. Gone for week and got a alert that my alk was dropping. I expected it to drop some because the media level was lowish, but it dropped to 7 from 8.5. Did some trouble shooting on my end, everything looked ok on the camera. Since I knew the media level in the CaRx was low, and when that happens the reactor can have difficulty keeping up on alk production, so I bumped the pH in the reactor down. Next morning, all still dropping. I FaceTime my daughter at home and send her under the house to investigate, and the liter meter feed pump seems to be goofy, so we reset that and it starts up just fine. Later that evening, the alk level is still dropping. Hmmm. I fire up the camera again, and I can see that the co2 is dosing, but I can barely see the levels on the regulator are low, so that’s gotta be it - the co2 tank is out of co2. Call the kid, and she swaps out the tank for a full one and a few days later all seems to be heading back to normal. Usually, I check everything the week before I go, but I still had covid head two weeks ago and thought it better to not mess with stuff. And no way am I messing with anything the day before a trip - except for checking the co2 tank for fullness! Without the Apex and the Trident, I would have had no idea until I got back.
When I got back, I filled the reactor and things started really cooking.
Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 5.18.35 PM.png

Back