got ethical husbandry?

Rock Flower Anemones

The nems settled in pretty quick and are looking happy. Thanks again!

Attachments

• EC262D89-05EE-44B0-94A4-4DD4B1F48BAD.jpeg
    EC262D89-05EE-44B0-94A4-4DD4B1F48BAD.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 8438E622-999F-4624-B42A-925011FA0908.jpeg
    8438E622-999F-4624-B42A-925011FA0908.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 182
Hi Ken,
It was nice meeting you and seeing your beautiful tanks. They appear to be happy and opened up nicely. We are deciding when we want to try to nudge them out of their little 'homes' and piss them off :p

Gary

Did you pick one?
No, but seriously thought about it. They were gone by the time I had a chance to check them out. I just liked the level of detail to ensure they are treated appropriately. Seemed above and beyond. This was my fist swap, and I learned a lot about packaging and labeling. I think someone was telling you you needed to market that little tool you made to scrape them out.
G

That one in the lower left is absolutely GORGEOUS.

@Klems We grabbed one of these at the swap. When we redo our 20 gallon into a nem tank, we're definitely going to be buying more of these from you.

Quick question for Ken or anyone whos had RFA's.. are peppermint shrimp RFA eaters? The tiniest RFA that i bought from Ken went missing this morning. Still hoping it just decided to move to a different location but when i was trying to rack my brain as to what may have happened.. it dawned on me that peppermint shrimps ate aptasia, which may mean they go after RFAs as well. I've googled it and some do say peppermints go after smaller RFAs. Just wanted to hear from you guys on your experience on this.

Also, one of the bigger RFA that i got from Ken decided that he didn't like the "cap" anymore and moved to a nearby rock that's not really the prettiest place for an RFA.. oh well at least i know it's safe.

Quick question for Ken or anyone whos had RFA's.. are peppermint shrimp RFA eaters? The tiniest RFA that i bought from Ken went missing this morning. Still hoping it just decided to move to a different location but when i was trying to rack my brain as to what may have happened.. it dawned on me that peppermint shrimps ate aptasia, which may mean they go after RFAs as well. I've googled it and some do say peppermints go after smaller RFAs. Just wanted to hear from you guys on your experience on this.

Also, one of the bigger RFA that i got from Ken decided that he didn't like the "cap" anymore and moved to a nearby rock that's not really the prettiest place for an RFA.. oh well at least i know it's safe.
I have had peppermint shrimp in the tank with the rock flowers and haven't seen any aggression towards them, just some searching for food scraps, etc.
I would keep your eyes open closer to lights out each night and look for their distinct glow (turn up the UV channel if you can)

Back