Jestersix

Ruby Red Dragonets do eat pellets!

8C29DB3B-21A3-4793-B84F-355B69278F90.jpeg

Took a couple weeks, but the pair both ate TDO ChromaBoost X-small pellets for dinner

Did you try to get them to eat in a quarantine tank or did you just feed in the tank itself. We had one that died after jumping out of the tank. I got it back inside but it died a day later. It seemed to be eating (mostly the pods in the tank) so I'm not sure if the shock of extra-tank excursion killed it, lack of feeding, or something else.

Did you try to get them to eat in a quarantine tank or did you just feed in the tank itself. We had one that died after jumping out of the tank. I got it back inside but it died a day later. It seemed to be eating (mostly the pods in the tank) so I'm not sure if the shock of extra-tank excursion killed it, lack of feeding, or something else.
Just fed them in the tank. They were the first fish in after the move. They quickly decimated the existing pod population. They’re now eating live baby brine, a couple pod species, a couple frozen foods, and the pellets.

Sorry to hear about your little one. Fortunately, this tank has a custom lid that only has an opening in the center.

Hah I have a custom netting cover (from RedSea?) that has a 4x5" hole in it for the HOB Refugium outlet + protein skimmer. The poor guy somehow found the only hole in the netting.

Hah I have a custom netting cover (from RedSea?) that has a 4x5" hole in it for the HOB Refugium outlet + protein skimmer. The poor guy somehow found the only hole in the netting.
That always seems to be the way. One day I’m sure I’ll find fish jerky right on the lid

Back