Reef nutrition

Saltybottom live rock order

Hi Reefers,
Thinking about buying some live rocks from Saltybottom reef company but don’t need that much. I’m thinking of around 10lbs, anyone interested in splitting an order? It would be the submerged ones, pickup would be in San Francisco.

Thanks in Advance!

Attachments

• 7BF491FE-2D39-4D59-A9C8-8471FABDD5D5.png
    7BF491FE-2D39-4D59-A9C8-8471FABDD5D5.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 90
If you can’t find anyone to split it with you. I’ve used gulfliverock.com before. I got 10lbs from them. Their stuff is all the same imo. I did the 2-3 ship. It’s the usps priority shipping. It’s like 78 dollars for 10 lbs.

I can help split too. I figure the more people we have do this, the better the pieces we get sent. I'm guessing it's all mined rock similar to Marco? Curious about density vs. natural live rock because 10lbs might not be much if it's dense

I can help split too. I figure the more people we have do this, the better the pieces we get sent. I'm guessing it's all mined rock similar to Marco? Curious about density vs. natural live rock because 10lbs might not be much if it's dense
This is what it says on their site: “Our Aquacultured Live Rock started out as upland dry rock from ancient coral reefs (Commonly sold as Reef Saver or South Seas rock)”

If you can’t find anyone to split it with you. I’ve used gulfliverock.com before. I got 10lbs from them. Their stuff is all the same imo. I did the 2-3 ship. It’s the usps priority shipping. It’s like 78 dollars for 10 lbs.
Thanks! I got some from Tampa Bay and KP Aquatics before, now just want to add more biodiversity from Saltybottom’s.

Ok, we have Darkxerox and Marcosdelgado0 interested. How many lbs you guys want, large or smaller pieces?We’ll order and divide by lbs then. Thanks.

I would be good with 10LB just to throw into my sump. I’m curious, would live rock in the sump be as efficient as in the DT? I have Caribsea LifeRock in the DT so wouldn’t want to mix it with live rock

I would be good with 10LB just to throw into my sump. I’m curious, would live rock in the sump be as efficient as in the DT? I have Caribsea LifeRock in the DT so wouldn’t want to mix it with live rock
I don’t think mixing them would cause any issues, actually it’ll be more beneficial to your current rocks. Aside from unwanted pests thou.

So @Coral2Coral I just got a 15% off order for Tampa Bay Saltwater if you want to price compare from entering their Reefapalooza Orlando contest (only missed my guess by 25 rocks otherwise it would have been free!).

Have any of the live rock vendors released any aquabiomics type biodiversity measurements or provided any “minimum biodiversity” guarantee? I found modern Florida live rock to be sorrowfully deficient in diversity - I think everyone is better served getting a gallon of water from a friend’s or a few friends’ healthy reef tank. If you want macroalgae you can specifically order many types.

Back