Jestersix

Save a coral eating blenny's life...........

Here's a picture of a Ultra Cherry Bomb milli that looks like it's being eaten. My ORA Iris also looked like it was being pealed. Are those the dreaded "red bugs" I see? Please advise.
P1010499.jpg

Yup, it is the Sunrise. I turned that rock around and I was arse backwards, so to speak as it is in front now. Most of my millis are hairy as gorillas but that one looks chomped. I've never seen a fish peck at it. Hmmmm. I wondered about bugs because I think I may see a tiny dot between a couple of those sad polyps.

tuberider said:
I've been telling you all along to watch that damn blenny ;)
You mean that little bugger that lives in an abandon coco worm tube? The little black one with the yellow tail or..............do you mean the Midas blenny. I've seen the black blenny eating big coco worms but I figured it was just to squat in their tube. He's a real short timer if he's eating my milli's. Oh, BTW, it was the Ultra Cherry Bomb milli that was pictured. I get real weird color shifts and that coral has been somewhat dormant for a while.

screebo said:
tuberider said:
You mean that little bugger that lives in an abandon coco worm tube? The little black one with the yellow tail or..............do you mean the Midas blenny. I've seen the black blenny eating big coco worms but I figured it was just to squat in their tube. He's a real short timer if he's eating my milli's. Oh, BTW, it was the Ultra Cherry Bomb milli that was pictured. I get real weird color shifts and that coral has been somewhat dormant for a while.

Not the midas, the yellow tail, something is munching on the coral and it aint FWs.

tuberider said:
screebo said:
tuberider said:

Not the midas, the yellow tail, something is munching on the coral and it aint FWs.
Well that does it............."Bosco" is a gonner. He'll be real easy to catch, he lives in the Coco worm's old tube and always retreats into it when I start working in the tank. In truth, I won't eat him and am sorry to see him go. I've had him for a long time and he's always been a rabble rowser. Bye bye little guy. Don't worry, I will be humane and euthanize him kindly. It's my way. Thanks very much for helping, Jer! Let's get out to Sams for oysters and a splash of Don Julio!

screebo said:
tuberider said:
screebo said:
tuberider said:

Well that does it............."Bosco" is a gonner. He'll be real easy to catch, he lives in the Coco worm's old tube and always retreats into it when I start working in the tank. In truth, I won't eat him and am sorry to see him go. I've had him for a long time and he's always been a rabble rowser. Bye bye little guy. Don't worry, I will be humane and euthanize him kindly. It's my way. Thanks very much for helping, Jer! Let's get out to Sams for oysters and a splash of Don Julio!

You aren't really gonna euthanize him are you? Can't you find someone to take him, give him away, donate to a LFS? Nothing wrong with him except his taste for SPS?

Back