Jestersix

Scuba in Philippines

I haven't been diving much since I got my certification 2 years ago. I mostly dive when I'm on vacation and mostly in warmer waters. The Cali coast just don't do it for me plus it's too cold. Just 2 weeks ago, I dove in Philippines. One day in Anilao and the other in Bohol - Balicasag Island. It's the best diving for me so far. The added bonus for me was that I got to see a lot of what we have in our tanks in their natural enviroment. I couldn't believe how much the reef there were thriving, especially Anilao. I need to get a good point and shoot camera with a nice water casing the next time I go there so I could share with you guys. Hopefully, next year.

Sid700, why not contact Jimsar whom has a lot of contacts in PI?

In Anilao, I went to this place called Aqua Venture Reef Club. I heard it's one of the first dive site there. It's cozy and clean but nothing special. The food is pretty good and dives are fairly cheap. I think it was around $2000 peso for 2 dives. I'm not too sure cause I got hooked up by my wife's friend.
http://www.aquareefclub.com/about.html

In Bohol, we stayed at the Bohol Diver Resort. We had a family suite and it was nice and big. It was fairly clean but the towels and bed sheet needs update. We heard Bohol Beach Club is the place to be but we couldn't get accomadation there. The only thing with Bohol is that most dive resort are located in Panglao Island which was a little hared to get around. When you are there don't forget to eat at the Bohol Bea Farm. The food was quite tasty. Most dive from Panglao Island goes to Balicasag Island. It cost between 2000 to 2600 peso which include equipment rental for a 2 tank dive. HTH.

Back