got ethical husbandry?

Shot o my kid and a bird

[quote author=Thales link=topic=1671.msg15263#msg15263 date=1169967378]
[...] photoshop for removing unwanted people!
[/quote]
Hey, I could use that!

Oh wait... you mean for image editing.... never mind :D

Nope...the person I removed from the photo is no longer with us...some sort of aboriginal connection to photographs...

:D

oooh great shot =) nicely done!

hey rich, I'm not sure how pix will turnout, but try this:

Shoot at "her" eye level. When you're taking pictures of your girl, just stoop all the way down so the camera is exactly eye level with her. This might give a more of a "personal" feeling, rather than a "overseeing parent" point of view.

If you get a shot of her at eye level, it will make the viewer feel that they're basically interacting with her, or the viewer will feel like a little kid again (though I feel that way all the time regardless).

The photo above is neat, but it has a "parent view" to it. If you got down low for most of your shots, I think you'll get a really cool perspective.

Again I've never tried it, but it's something I've noticed about pictures of children that I think might be awesome.

You know in portrait photography? One of the major rules is to never take a shot ABOVE a standing person. Usually eye level is the rule of thumb. Of course there's some glamour photography where a girl is laying down or something like that, then that's different. So I'm thinking, for kids it's hard, because they're so low to the ground (naturally). If we got eye level, maybe that'd change the entire shot and make it feel more personal, and that perspective might be really cool!

Try it out if you're interested and post some results. It might be hard on your back and legs, but hey, I know you're an athletic guy ;) it's the struggle of taking the shot that counts!

I've taken shots from above:
292147307_c3e422cafa.jpg

but I didn't like that one, first of all her eyes aren't on the camera, and I'm way too far up. Then when she was sitting, I got exactly eye level, and it made a huge difference:

277115400_68f5b9bf39.jpg

of course one can argue that those two shots are COMPLETELY different in all aspects except the model is the same, but you can see the perspective changes a lot. In the second shot the model is sitting fairly low, and getting eye level definately gives a good perspective. I wish I had a shot of her when I was standing straight up in the same pose to show you =/

here's one from below:

301719600_d6c9e1da14.jpg

and one from above:

301743556_4e01dcd5c8.jpg

you can see the drastic perspective changes. So definately try it with your kid =) Straight on shots, and maybe some from below.

GOODLUCK! be sure to post your results for us to see =)

Hey Art! Nice shots.

Thanks for the tip! Most of the time I actually try to shoot here from worms eye or kids eye - almost all the video of her is from the low perspective. :D The shot in the top of this thread was more about getting the bird in flight. Oy - I hate sounding like I am saying 'I know!', so please don't take it like that and please keep posting your thoughts!

Here is a couple recent ones:

PNG0107.jpg

PNG0072.jpg

PNG0102.jpg

:D

ooooh sweet. Nicely done =) Sorry I didn't mean to imply that you didn't know to shoot at the eye level, mostly said it out of my own curiosity to see what it would look like at a kids eye view since I've only done eye level shots with older models. But I see you already have that down ;) great shots. I definately like the eye level stuff / from below eye level.

Keep them coming! or better yet, push for a new photography forum! =)

You implied nothing! You made a suggestion and I responded. Nice discussion.

A forum for pics would be easy - get the BOD to vote and I can do it. It even be an off topic forum. :D

Back