Neptune Aquatics

Show me your 50g lowboy fragtank!

I'm soon to upgrade my 20g frag tank to a 50g lowboy tank. I would love to see a 50g lowboy frag tank thats setup if anyone has one. Would love to hear the pros and cons and also see the way its setup. Please share if you have one it'll help alot!!
Thank you guys,
Happy Reefing ~Hamada

What exactly do you want to know about? Where to put overflow? Lighting? Flow? I use an mp10 roughly middle of one of the short sides and 3 old AI sol blue fixtures on mine that has a corner overflow.

Would like to know how to setup the overflow, can it be drilled? Also the flow, for lighting ill probably use 2 ocean revives and a 32ai. Im really interested in seeing it in person and how the frag racks are setup.

I would recommend looking at the Aquarium Masters rimless reef ready tank. They are a bit taller than the Lowboys at 48x24x16 (80g) vs 48x24x10 (50g) respectively. They are rimless, have thicker glass and reef ready with a corner overflow. It'll save you a lot of headache, trust me. Ed at Clearwater Aquariums in Saratoga has them on sale right now for $350.

You can check my build thread; I documented my setup of my 50g lowboy frag tank. Nothing's in it yet (cycling), but I'm using an MP20 for flow and will be experimenting with that plus a Tunze wavebox.

Back