Jestersix

Sponsors...

I want to really emphasize:
The board does the best it can, and tries to represent everyone.
If we were some exclusive elite, we would simply ignore this thread.
But we are volunteers, with day jobs, so set expectation appropriately.

And honestly, please ask for information before being all negative about things.
We are very open. A lot of information, including minutes from board meetings, is on the site.
Not always easy to find, but not secret.

I want to really emphasize:
The board does the best it can, and tries to represent everyone.
If we were some exclusive elite, we would simply ignore this thread.
But we are volunteers, with day jobs, so set expectation appropriately.

And honestly, please ask for information before being all negative about things.
We are very open. A lot of information, including minutes from board meetings, is on the site.
Not always easy to find, but not secret.
Not sure which negativity you are referring to, but just incase I edited my last post.
For sure BOD is doing the thankless jobs and we all appreciate it.
Hopefully the forum thrive and grow.

Good luck all!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

There used to be a yearly large bay area aquarium conference, like MACNA.
Speakers, booths, the works. Far larger than the Coral Farmers market.
It was run by a BAR member, and BAR helped a LOT.
Oh wow that's amazing.
.what happend? Why did we stop?

Im old school, bring back “BAYMAC’ with BAR sponsoring it. I know it’s easier said than done but that was once a big deal back in the days.
I remember Robert at Neptune talked to me about that too. It seems a bit out of the scope of this discussion. Why don’t you start a thread just for it?

I haven’t been here nearly as long as some of you but long enough to see some shifts in people. I’m of the mindset that is very inclusive and likes having new people, but I completely understand not wanting a huge change in the population. Our club is like it’s own little family and the dynamic is great. If that were to change I would be sad. I think some people fear this and are guarded. Growth is a necessity though and so I can get on board with doing some fb advertising that would bring people to the site.

I remember when I was the new guy asking the easy questions and after a while I was happy to be able to repeat what I had learned. 20 people all asking about temp and salinity will work itself out. It’s not uncommon for me to read through a thread and have something to say but am just not in the mood to walk someone through cycling their tank. Then I come back later and someone else did it that time.

I think because they guy running it was burned out.
Maybe someone who knew Gresham better might know. I was not involved.
While BAR was heavily involved in support, it was not really a BAR event.
Would BAYMAC be a possibility though bar ?

Would BAYMAC be a possibility though bar ?

I've wanted to do a yearly "market" at the same time we do the open swap for a number of years. Turning it into more of a Baymac event though with 2-3 guest speakers. Local company booths and sponsors, a few workshops, along with the swap and either vendor tables and/or a BAR sales table where we sell donated corals from members. By setting it up as that tupe of event we stay with our core principles of education, etc and we don't directly compete with CFM. I'd love to see seminars from Rich, Chad and the other usual suspects, along with a special emphasis on sustainability education that also jumpstarts an outreach to the local shops.

I've wanted to do a yearly "market" at the same time we do the open swap for a number of years. Turning it into more of a Baymac event though with 2-3 guest speakers. Local company booths and sponsors, a few workshops, along with the swap and either vendor tables and/or a BAR sales table where we sell donated corals from members. By setting it up as that tupe of event we stay with our core principles of education, etc and we don't directly compete with CFM. I'd love to see seminars from Rich, Chad and the other usual suspects, along with a special emphasis on sustainability education that also jumpstarts an outreach to the local shops.
Maybe we should pay you to make it happen!

That sounds amazing !!!

This all goes back in my opnion to the lack of active users on this forum.
It saddens me to see prominent bay area users active on R2R much more than bar..
I do not think we should index in event and giveaway programs to bring in users. I think users want to see discussions, want to ask questions and see people guide them and advice them.
I think the number of users who will want to come to a forum asking questions or participate in discussions are more than users who want to use forum for events or selling/buying things.
If we grow the forum, active reefers will come
If we show the forum is active, sponcers, vaulenteers and LFS will come..

My 2 cents..

Last edited:
That would be awesome!! :cool:

Back