Jestersix

Stanley's reef tank on month 3 and more

Alright progress update since I didn't really compare corals to how they were initially. Actually managed to get some decent growth over the past 2 months. This chonky orange boy doubled in size and is starting to form more encrusting with the frag plug.

This is all super weird because my corals been growing but I have no corraline...

Attachments

• 20220505_162539.jpg
    20220505_162539.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
whats your secret? why are you more successful than your other friend?
Honestly I have no idea, I used to add afr powder randomly and swing my alkalinity like crazy until he told me to stop doing doing that. My approach is way more hands off than his is. I just let the corals do their thing. I also spilled half a bag of reef roids a while back. The only thing I'm super serious about was pest control but it's an uphill fight I'm not doing well at. The less I touch my tank the better it does haha

whats your secret? why are you more successful than your other friend?
haha other friend is a little general he's more like the only person on the planet who can deal with me. He does all the research and tells me how to run my tank, i listen to him about 25% of the time. But I hear setosa is a really easy coral to deal with. The trick for me is how i'll get the oregon blue to enjoy living in my tank. But as far as I can tell he seems to be making his way to encrusting the tile I put him on. I was really scared because I didnt run Temp control a while back and he went to 80 degrees with the rest of the tank.

Got mega fed up with green hair algae so I went nuclear, took the bottom rack out and ran hot tap water and bleach on it. Pressure washed with my waterpik, ran more hot water, shook it up, scrubbed it and then ran hot water again. Hahaha try surviving that. Di rinsed and popped it back in
20220504_141646.jpg

Got mega fed up with green hair algae so I went nuclear, took the bottom rack out and ran hot tap water and bleach on it. Pressure washed with my waterpik, ran more hot water, shook it up, scrubbed it and then ran hot water again. Hahaha try surviving that. Di rinsed and popped it back in
View attachment 38036

For the future, buy a cheap electric toothbrush and some hydrogen peroxide. Super easy to clean things, algaes, avoids the risk of getting bleach into your tank which will potentially immediately kill everything.

For the future, buy a cheap electric toothbrush and some hydrogen peroxide. Super easy to clean things, algaes, avoids the risk of getting bleach into your tank which will potentially immediately kill everything.
I think in the future I can just use my electric tooth brush and swap the head after I'm done, should take things off well. Using the waterpik def helped alot though

Second hydrogen peroxide. You don’t even need to rinse it off really well because people are using it to treat tanks For ick and such.
Gotcha, i'm sure i'll have to treat gha down the road so i'll be sure to use it next time. Currently I use it as a mouthwash haha.

Back