High Tide Aquatics

Sulfamine acid to clean pumps?

Alexander1312

Supporting Member
Has anyone used this to clean pumps etc, vs the other acids we typically use? It is supposed to work very well. Not sure where to purchase this or any side effects.

IMG_1820.png

Never heard anyone using it for reefing.

Usually used to clean tile, grout or stone. Also used for descaling and removing rust. Can be included in household cleaning agents. It’s a stronger acid than citric acid, but definitely safer than hydrochloric acid. But it can cause skin irritation and sometimes fumes can irritate respiratory system. Citric acid is the “safer” of the two.

Reason I am asking: This is a new product they released at the Interzoo. it is only available in Europe though, and rather expensive, too expensive to buy in bulk in my opinion (250 g for 23 USD).

I bought a small box of this while I was in Germany and started trying it. Folks in Germany who have bought this love it. One of the main benefits seem to be that it is not harsh on plastic or rubber as vinegar or citric acid, and as effective or more effective, apparantly.

It does have some warning statements, but due to rather strict EU laws, they would not be allowed to sell this if it was not reasonably safe.
IMG_1821.png
IMG_6794.jpeg

Back