Cali Kid Corals

Tank doubles as rat trap...

Some of you might recall my much delayed 150G outdoor tank project... which is still delayed until I figured what I am gonna do with the deck where I had originally intended the tank to go.

Well, the tank has been sitting under the trees for probably over a year now... wasting away -- until today, when it doubled as a rat trap! Been trying to snag this sucker for months.

The fun part was trying to fish the rat out of the tank so I can drive it to its new home...

1578474267854.png

It looks like a mouse. How big is the sucker?
Where is the new home? I'd probably terminate it.
only looks like I mouse cuz it's bunched up to stay warm... and I am taking a shot from above... good 5-6", not counting the loooooong tail.

I take the rat to a nature preserve \ park about 2 miles away. Rats can find their way home in under 24 hours if moved to a spot less than that. some even say it needs to be 5 miles away minimum.

That's way too much work to drive it out that far. If you see one rat, there's bound to more where that came from.
Just treat it like a frag that no one wanted. Or think of it as an aptasia.

That's way too much work to drive it out that far. If you see one rat, there's bound to more where that came from.
Just treat it like a frag that no one wanted. Or think of it as an aptasia.
Hah... if I thought of it as aiptasia, it'd be a BBQ. I grill mine with a hot soldering iron. Super effective.

At this point, I've rehomed like 10 rats. There still one more lurking. Ugh

Back