Kessil

Tds in rodi water???

@MichaelB I have an Aquatic Life RO/Di Buddie 4-Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System that id be happy to give you FREE it has less than 4 months old cartridges. I just upgraded my setup let me know if you are interested and we can arrange a time. I am getting 0 TDS but my water is at 140 TDS.

@MichaelB I have an Aquatic Life RO/Di Buddie 4-Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System that id be happy to give you FREE it has less than 4 months old cartridges. I just upgraded my setup let me know if you are interested and we can arrange a time. I am getting 0 TDS but my water is at 140 TDS.
Thanks sir greatly appreciated it. Josh actually has one for me - I will get from him at the swap.

Posts here was more relating to current immediate issues, long term solutions are in the works.

Until I get that and get it set up and so on, I'll just stick to getting the water from Neptunes.

I've seen countless videos about them but never put my hands on one personally so will be a process to leaning about it and how to install it. Yet I'm happy knowing it's in the works. No more hauling buckets lol biggest bonus.

Thanks sir greatly appreciated it. Josh actually has one for me - I will get from him at the swap.

Posts here was more relating to current immediate issues, long term solutions are in the works.

Until I get that and get it set up and so on, I'll just stick to getting the water from Neptunes.

I've seen countless videos about them but never put my hands on one personally so will be a process to leaning about it and how to install it. Yet I'm happy knowing it's in the works. No more hauling buckets lol biggest bonus.
If you need help installing let me know.

Lol point taken, but heck feel free to sign pappers to check me into the nut house, if I ever get to a point of taking things that serious. scrubs, ultrasonic baths, uv sterilizing a plastic amazon sample cup, of course if you do the previous you would also have to glove up, put on paper scrubs, wear those little weird hair net booties over your shoes, and clean the room +air. JK
The point is that if you are measuring TDS of a fluid going into a container, you had better know there was nothing in the container to begin with. I.e. do a rinse with known 0 tds water then let dry upside down to prevent dust settling etc. If they were purchased as sterile specimen containers, there is a good chance they did that already to not contaminate the specimen. When doing science, your accuracy of the output is only as good as the accuracy of the input.

The point is that if you are measuring TDS of a fluid going into a container, you had better know there was nothing in the container to begin with. I.e. do a rinse with known 0 tds water then let dry upside down to prevent dust settling etc. If they were purchased as sterile specimen containers, there is a good chance they did that already to not contaminate the specimen. When doing science, your accuracy of the output is only as good as the accuracy of the input.
All good I take your meaning, was only a joking response. Within reason I made sure I used brand new cups for the sample, nothing I had laying around used already. I Won't disagree that I could have taken more steps for the test. I figured using a new cup was decent enough effort on my part just to determine if the rodi water using my cheap (non laboratory grade) tds meter read zero or something more.

Posted here as the place of subject matter/ discussion.

*Also posted to my journal

I took 2 new sterile specimen cups as a control ensuring i didn't contaminate or skew the results with residuals from somthing previously used. The mission was to test the tds in the rodi water at both aqua plus, and Neptunes aquatics.

Aqua plus read as 97
Neptunes read zero.

I was shocked by the finding as I've been using aqua plus rodi water the last 3 months do to it being closer to me and less than half the cost of Neptunes rodi water.

Before 3 months ago, I was getting all my water from Neptunes.

I've had the tds meter over a year, I just honestly never thought to test the water I was adding the last few months assuming rodi was the same.

A few members pointed out tds being a potential issue with my phosphates always being high.

Common sense tells me zero tds has to be better than 97 tds.

Can anyone give feed back about how bad is 97 tdos?

Could that be bad enough to cause my higher phosphates salon san francisco ?
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) in Reverse Osmosis Deionization (RODI) water are a critical measure of water purity. RODI systems combine reverse osmosis and deionization to remove almost all dissolved contaminants, resulting in exceptionally pure water. Typically, high-quality RODI water will have TDS levels approaching zero, often less than 1 part per million (ppm). This ultra-pure water is essential in applications requiring minimal ionic contamination, such as in laboratories, aquariums, and electronics manufacturing. Regular monitoring of TDS levels in RODI water ensures the system's effectiveness and indicates when filters or membranes need replacement to maintain water purity standards.

Back