Reef nutrition

temp fluctuation in the day time

@newfly do you have a graph of temp vs 24 hour cycle you can share (I don’t know what kind of controllers you have)
i don;t know how to plot the graph from the Hydros Control. I google for solution, and it seem like this feature is NOT available yet. arg..

Right now , i can only see the current temp. not even the history on the app. Not sure its the user (me) is an idiot and could not figure this out, or the app is crappy.

Attachments

• IMG_1355.PNG
    IMG_1355.PNG
    104.4 KB · Views: 149
"Overflow" is the secondary fail safe sensor for ATO. If the sensor senses water, then it will shut off the Tunze ATO. Tunze have 2 sensor, so this is another layer, 3rd failsafe.

that's only the 2 application i use the Hydros for right now.

Just a thought -- it's not a bad idea to put the second heater in your DT. I used to hate it but found that it gives me more redundancy and consistency overall in temp. It still fluctuates but less range.
This is definitely true. My display tanks nearly always have a distinct thermocline about 12" below the surface, so I like to place a long heater on the back wall of the DT. I also have a sump heater on an independent controller. Its temperature probe is upstream of the heater. The Apex temperature probe is in the same sump compartment as the return pump.

Last edited:
Mmm, but if your heater fails on, then your sump AND your display will get cooked?
*edit or your return pump fails, etc

Mmm, but if your heater fails on, then your sump AND your display will get cooked?
*edit or your return pump fails, etc

I think greater chance to have heater fail open than close, no? But, if you use a temp controller like even a simple inkbird, that would mitigate the risk...

I think greater chance to have heater fail open than close, no? But, if you use a temp controller like even a simple inkbird, that would mitigate the risk...

I have a controller in case the heater fail open or close. if fail open, It will cut off the power. When the heater fail close, i get a send notification to my phone.

Decided to swap out the 200W to a single 300W heater (aqueon pro) . The 200W become spare. I know i lose redundancy with a single versus 2 smaller heater. I just want to use less equipment and wiring mess.

Bump up the temp to 78 and it remains steady.

Back