Kessil

The Money Pit: How much are you willing to spend on livestock?

The Money Pit: How much are you willing to spend on livestock?

• Total voters
From the other hobby I come from these are questions the AFT asks lol The wife knows one price and my friends know the other.
Always makes me think if the spouse ever has to sale on our behalf, lol someone will be will be doing the happy dance.

From all our thrift store prices we've quoted.

***The wife; oh there is nothing special in there just give me $50 for everything lmao.

There is a significant lack of photos in this thread where we are talking about the most expensive fish and corals we’ve ever purchased.
Expensive torch (neon yellow/green one at the top, from Kay's Coral Cove):

1720893009423.png

Expensive tang (Bromide, the hybrid achilles from Kenny at High Tide):
1720892981974.png

I’ve got two Haddonis I paid over $1K for each. I’m such a sucker for them even though they usually proceed to trash half the corals in the tank before settling into a spot they like ;)
Do you have pics? I’ve recently been tryna get into larger nems! Been thinking about a gigantea but afraid of care requirements

Always makes me think if the spouse ever has to sale on our behalf, lol someone will be will be doing the happy dance.

From all our thrift store prices we've quoted.

***The wife; oh there is nothing special in there just give me $50 for everything lmao.
I'm lucky enough in this hobby she is the one I have to tell to hold back. So she knows how much everything is but if there is a fire sale with everything in my safe I would be rolling in my grave.

As much as I can safely launder past the wife. I sold some gear today and got nervous when he paid in $100 bills after I told her it cost me $50 when I bought it. I'm going to have to start telling people to hand over the money in a handshake..

As soon as I start stocking my tank..Ima need y'all to be some "supporting members" in telling her I bought those frags off you for $10 if you ever meet her..

Last edited:
Do you have pics? I’ve recently been tryna get into larger nems! Been thinking about a gigantea but afraid of care requirements
i saw a huge one in Okinawa with ocellaris in it. Also saw a smaller one filled with baby clowns but didn’t have a camera lol

I know this isnt in-tank but here’s an idea how big they can get ( this one 2.5 ft across)

P6220055.jpeg
P6220056.jpeg

I’ve spent over $1 on fish a couple times. One of them was DOA and ended up turning into store credit (vendor was cool about it).

Haven’t spent too much on coral tho as I’ve been mostly focused on “finishing” stocking my fish.

My confidence at keeping an expensive fish alive is much higher than my confidence in my coral keeping skills

Back