Cali Kid Corals

Torch coral ID verification

t0mmy108

Supporting Member
I've never seen a torch coral like this before. Just got it from Kayscoralcove. It's kind of a chocolate colored stalk with pink tips. What's different is the center is bright green and the tentacles are really fat all the time. It's like the Chibi of anime.
1000001608.jpg
1000001613.jpg

Last edited:
I've never seen a torch coral like this before. Just got it from Kayscoralcove. It's kind of a chocolate colored stalk with pink tips. What's different is the center is bright green and the tentacles are really fat all the time. It's like the Chibi of anime.
View attachment 60080View attachment 60079
They're a sponsor here. I'll move this to their forum so @Arvin R can answer!

I have a very similar torch. Might be the same, though my tentacles are not nearly as fat as the ones on yours. I think the thick tentacles are probably more a result of environment than a characteristic of the torch itself.

I understand it is a Malaysian Miami hurricane torch.

Attachments

• IMG_8826.jpeg
    IMG_8826.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 28
As some others have said, the puffiness of the torch is an individual response to its environment in your tank. It would likely look completely different in another tank. Give it some time to settle in.

As some others have said, the puffiness of the torch is an individual response to its environment in your tank. It would likely look completely different in another tank. Give it some time to settle in.
This one was always that puffy since I've gotten it but it does extend out longer too and stays pretty fat. I already miss it. Lol.

hopefully it'll grow out nicely and I'll be sure to get one back to you
This one was always that puffy since I've gotten it but it does extend out longer too and stays pretty fat. I already miss it. Lol.
hopefully it'll grow out nicely and I'll be sure to get one back to you. ;)
I have my flow a little higher mid-day. two gyre flow pumps are on the way so I can tune it better for the lps

Back