Kessil

Travis AFB Wing Over Solano Free Airshow

Hey, BAR, I know it has been a while. Life has been pretty busy and I haven't been on the forum as much as I used to. Still in the area though! Which brings me to my next point.

Travis AFB is having an airshow this weekend. It is a free airshow and hosted at the base. The Blue Angels will be headlining the show.

Show.jpg

I rmemeber last year.

The planes literally flew in formatiom about 50 feet from the ground. It was awesome.

Bring umbrellas, a wagon and folding chairs or seating pads.

There are food and beverage booths.

I rmemeber last year.

The planes literally flew in formatiom about 50 feet from the ground. It was awesome.

Should be a nice weekend, low/mid 70s. It was in May last time and that was brutal.

I rmemeber last year.

Wait, you don't have to buy tickets to get in? Frick. That's $130 I didn't need to spend.

I did not know there was an off-base shuttle but received this and thought I would share. They reached maximum capacity yesterday and shut the gates down but that was close to the end of the show already. Should be another beautiful airshow weather day today.
IMG_2119.png

Awesome show! Easier to see everything in 360 compared to Fleet Week in SF. Reminds me of the 90s when Blue Angels were at Moffett Field. My favorite demo was seeing the F22's thrust vectoring in action o_O

Awesome show! Easier to see everything in 360 compared to Fleet Week in SF. Reminds me of the 90s when Blue Angels were at Moffett Field. My favorite demo was seeing the F22's thrust vectoring in action o_O
That airplane moves in ways that shouldn’t be possible. I’ll never tire of watching it.

Back