Our mission

Trident broke after 10 days

I’ve bought this trident last week and today i come home to an unknown leak. Couldnt find the leak at first, I thought maybe it was me from grabbing my new coral out of the container. I cleaned it up. Then An hour later it showed that my calcium was at 780 when it’s been steady at 450 and I dose very little. it shouldn’t shoot up that high my alk also was at 8.3 then. 9.7. Then I did another test right after my readings are cal 574 and alk8.9. Then I blew it off maybe it was a slip or something. I left the house came back about hour and a half and sure enough there’s a puddle underneath my trident and dos. Next thing you know I’m trying to figure out where this leak is coming from and open the reagents tray and a bunch of water came out. This is very upsetting and pretty disappointing, after all the money I put into getting one of these not only gives me false reads it leaks too. So that explains why my ato have been running a lot. My trident isn’t above or below water level so there is no way of an accidental siphon and made sure my reagent bottles where nice and tight, which they were. I took two picture of the inside one of them show there is water on one side underneath the collection tube, second picture it shows water on both side. From all the water that has leaked out of the trident and seeing how much water came out from pulling the reagent tray this could become a fire hazard with all the connections at the bottom and possibly start rust inside the internals. I get check the fittings and all, but I didn’t think I would need to check the fittings inside the trident. It looks like water builds up inside from all the test i am running through out the day.
k
E81E5790-594D-4BE8-9EFA-36D3B37012C1.png

8D7C1F02-2036-4907-86F3-832CD86EE00B.jpeg

ED9B117E-E326-4DFC-8672-4880F3A52D80.jpeg

Last edited:
Can you post a pic of the whole setup? You say trident isn't above or below water level... Does that mean it's exactly at water level?

that tubing circled in red is loose. Push it up. If your fingers can’t fit, use a pair of tweezers. Sometimes the internal connecThey can become loose

View attachment 19546

It really surprised me that they didn’t use barbed connectors as the tubing can be pulled out if you tug on them too much when you change regents or the waste or sample lines. I have had two different tridents leak because of this.

@RandyC @Meshmez yeah it was loose. But see the fact that I’ve never opened the reagent tray after installing them, until today when I was looking for the leak, and water came out has me worried. I was good up to this point. I think I’m still going to contact Neptune tho, just the fact that one of the wire is literally at the bottom all wet. But thanks for pointing out that loose tube, hopefully it fixes the problem for now. For the price you pay It’s rediculous how easy those tubes come off.

Btw, i had some issues with the trident that required me to self-serve and opened the cover. It's pretty easy actual... unscrew the rubber feet as they are actually screws. Then push outwards pn the sides at front and back, and lift the cover off...

This is most likely caused by a blockage in a tubing.

Best way to resolve is to start a support ticket.

But in the mean time.
Push the tubing back on.
Pull the front cover off.
Prime each reagent bottle individually and visually confirm that you see the reagent full the cuvette.

Send me your receipt, I’ll send you instructions on how to give me access to your Fusion so I can take a look.

Yes, I work for Neptune Systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is most likely caused by a blockage in a tubing.

Best way to resolve is to start a support ticket.

But in the mean time.
Push the tubing back on.
Pull the front cover off.
Prime each reagent bottle individually and visually confirm that you see the reagent full the cuvette.

Send me your receipt, I’ll send you instructions on how to give me access to your Fusion so I can take a look.

Yes, I work for Neptune Systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hi thanks for the reply, I just started a support ticket this morning I sent in my information. It seem like the tubing was causing the leak. But to my surprise I saw it leak again the tube wasn’t off this time. As for the receipt I can’t find it. I am still looking for it. I bought at Neptune’s last Monday I have my transaction in my back statement. Hopefully that work if I can’t find it. Or will see if Neptune’s can send me the receipt.

Back