Jestersix

Tropic marine pro bulk--concluded

I'm headed there as soon as they open today
If it works to get both my salt and the cuc, I’d be happy to come to your place in Fremont to pick them up today after work, or at the latest tomorrow morning (or whenever works for you). I was planning to pick up both tomorrow midday. If the cuc pickup doesn’t work out that’s totally fine, I’ll just pick up both as planned tomorrow. Just let me know.

@Yuk SUm 1 bucket->confirmed-> paid full
@RedLeader 1 bucket->confirmed->paid full-> picked up
@JVU 3 buckets->confirmed->paid full
@Oliver 1 bucket->confirmed->paid full
@Rostato 2 buckets-> confirmed-> paid full->picked up
@BPro32 2 buckets->confirmed->paid full
@Meshmez 2 buckets->confirmed->paid full->picked up
@max_nano 1bucket -> confirmed->paid full->picked up
@Squist 1 bucket ->confirmed->paid full
@jepoy 1 bucket->confirmed-> paid full->picked up
@ofzakaria 5 buckets->paid and picked up 2 buckets

Last edited:
@Yuk SUm 1 bucket->confirmed-> paid full->picked up
@RedLeader 1 bucket->confirmed->paid full-> picked up
@JVU 3 buckets->confirmed->paid full->picked up
@Oliver 1 bucket->confirmed->paid full
@Rostato 2 buckets-> confirmed-> paid full->picked up
@BPro32 2 buckets->confirmed->paid full->picked up
@Meshmez 2 buckets->confirmed->paid full->picked up
@max_nano 1bucket -> confirmed->paid full->picked up
@Squist 1 bucket ->confirmed->paid full->picked up
@jepoy 1 bucket->confirmed-> paid full->picked up
@ofzakaria 5 buckets->paid and picked up 2 buckets

Last edited:
Now that all users picked up their allocations(except Oliver who is picking up tomorrow) it's time to close this thread.
I want to again thank robert from Neptune aquatics for this gesture. This just shows how important partnerships with LFS can be to out club and our users.
I hope we will have more activities like this to benifit all of us and strengthen our relationships with our LFS.
I love this club!

Last edited:
Just so everyone knows the history. Neptune was a great and generous sponsor for many years. They didn’t stop due to lack of support of their store from bar members. They felt the club wasn’t accomplishing its mission and decided to end their sponsorship. Spending money will not have much effect on wether they decide to become a sponsor again. It takes looking at our club and seeing what we can all do to accomplish the mission.
If you don’t know what our mission is that’s part of our problem. We could use someone to volunteer to focus on making it better know what our mission is, and overseeing ways to work towards accomplishing it.

Just so everyone knows the history. Neptune was a great and generous sponsor for many years. They didn’t stop due to lack of support of their store from bar members. They felt the club wasn’t accomplishing its mission and decided to end their sponsorship. Spending money will not have much effect on wether they decide to become a sponsor again. It takes looking at our club and seeing what we can all do to accomplish the mission.
If you don’t know what our mission is that’s part of our problem. We could use someone to volunteer to focus on making it better know what our mission is, and overseeing ways to work towards accomplishing it.
100% agreed. I talk to rob about bar often, and believe me when I say when he offered to help us he did not do so thinking of benifit. He did so because he is supporting the community and still want to see bar successful.
You will not believe what he went thru to get us this batch. He actually paid more than he originally expected and had to purchase more than we needed to hold his promise of 85$. I saw all the receipts and communications he had with various distributors and am talking with data,he paid out of pocket even thu I offered to compensate personally and insisted I pay overage out of pocket but he refused..
We need to bring Neptune and AC and other reputable LFS back to the club and bury the hachette whatever it was.

To me bury the hatchet means that one or both sides hold a grudge. I don’t think that’s the case at all. We just need to focus on being what we are supposed to be. I think we’ve been successfully moving in this direction for awhile now, but if we want more support from these amazing stores we need to be even better.
If we build it they will come so to speak

To me bury the hatchet means that one or both sides hold a grudge. I don’t think that’s the case at all. We just need to focus on being what we are supposed to be. I think we’ve been successfully moving in this direction for awhile now, but if we want more support from these amazing stores we need to be even better.
If we build it they will come so to speak
Agreed on it all. That being said, my measure of success on this topic is to be able to have the major 2 LFS back on bar..let's work on that and make it happen...

Last edited:
I tried finding the mission but the thread it’s in has a dead link. I found this in the by-laws, “The purpose of the organization is to promote, foster, and encourage education and appreciation for the ethical husbandry and propagation of marine life”
Was there a specific occurrence of unethical treatment that led to the end of the relationships?

I don’t need think so.
I believe It was more of a feeling that the club had become a place for people to get cheap corals and hookups rather than actually try to be better more ethical hobbyists, and that as a group we weren’t doing enough (or anything) to further the hobby or do outreach to any number of other groups that could accomplish our mission.
Wether that’s truly the case or partly the case is up for debate, but what isn’t up for debate is that we still are not focussing on it enough.

Should we send an ambassador to AC and Neptune and have them part of the discussions and understand current concerns?
I know in past threads it was said we talked to them. Whether this is true or not, I think it might be worth doing it again.
I can volunteer to do so with Neptune, we will need someone else targeting AC..

Should we send an ambassador to AC and Neptune and have them part of the discussions and understand current concerns?
I know in past threads it was said we talked to them. Whether this is true or not, I think it might be worth doing it again.
I can volunteer to do so with Neptune, we will need someone else targeting AC..
It definitely is true.
You should bring this up with Daniel, the sponsorship coordinator. @The_Lazy_Reefer.
If he decides it would be best to have someone who knows the owner of a certain store and is closer to said store talk to them for him that is his decision to make.

Back