Kessil

Very low alk…

Check your reagent A&B expiration dates.
To double check you can test your water with my Hanna Calcium test and also test my water with yours
I got the hanna same as you, salifert and now redsea one if you wanna come by one day just let me know
Thank you guys! I’ll pm you if I end up deciding to go this route. Right now everything looks fine so I think I’m going to do ICP and then adjust slowly based off of that

Do you use the powder or the liquid? I bought the 800mg powder and barely finishing up my first liter bottle I made. I honestly thought I’d go through it faster. Although if I ever ended up needing to dose the max amount for my tank (75ml daily), I’d go through a whole liter in two weeks, so I see what you’re saying :/
I use liquid for convenience, and out of fear of changing over. I have limited space so it’s nice to just dose it straight out of a 500ml bottle. Very expensive though.

I use liquid for convenience, and out of fear of changing over. I have limited space so it’s nice to just dose it straight out of a 500ml bottle. Very expensive though.
Makes sense. All the tools I use do take quite a bit of space. I wanted to make it exact to the recipe and make sure it’s stirred well so I bought a magnetic stirrer, beaker set, scale, and bettix bottles for easy manual dosing. If you ever wanted to switch over or try it out, let me know and I can make you 1L in a bettix bottle. At this rate, this stuff is going to last me forever lol.

Makes sense. All the tools I use do take quite a bit of space. I wanted to make it exact to the recipe and make sure it’s stirred well so I bought a magnetic stirrer, beaker set, scale, and bettix bottles for easy manual dosing. If you ever wanted to switch over or try it out, let me know and I can make you 1L in a bettix bottle. At this rate, this stuff is going to last me forever lol.

I was also using a stirrrer but now measure ingredients with scale -put into large mason jar -shake like crazy while I walk around the house and it seems to dissolve faster.. and then fill reservoir

I use powder, mixed with a mag stirrer, filling a 1gal jug (the cheapest jug of water from the store, used them refilled with RODI), and dose from a 1L VOSS water bottle. Make 1 gallon at a time, refill the bottle when it's low. Takes very little space near the aquarium.

If you use the stirrer it's not much work. If you mix by hand I find it virtually impossible to get it fully mixed. Even with the stirrer I leave it running for over 10 minutes.

Stirrers are cheap and basically all the same. Extra stir bars can be bought on AliExpress very very cheap.

Back